Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninelivecat
    • Feb 8, 2012

Need help identifying 70's action figure

Hi I need some help identifying an action figure that I got in the United Kingdom around 1978.This action figure was
    cool, it was part of a series of maybe four or five.The best way to describe it was it was like an alien bounty hunter or warrior
    sort of like Boba Fett from Star Wars.It would have been around 6 inches in height.Think it was primarily orange in color.
    It had loads of accessories like guns, sword, a helmet and a rope etc.Think the rope (string) had a hook at the end of it and you
    could suspend him in mid air.This action figure looked higher end and was prob made by an Asian or American toy manufacturer.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Tom
    Last edited by ninelivecat; Jan 15, '15, 2:44 PM.
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

Is it the guy in this thread a few posts down with the Chrome parts (CONDOR)?

Comment

• ninelivecat
      • Feb 8, 2012

Thanks but this 1977 1978 action figure was smaller than these GI Joe Action Man scale figures maybe around
      the height of a Masters of the Universe action figure but thinner and less bulky.It was a solid plastic figure with
      moving parts not a doll.Like a Star Wars or Action Force figure but larger and with more accessories.
      Last edited by ninelivecat; Jan 15, '15, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• kinostadt
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 14, 2004

Tom,
        Can you think of any other details or features that might help us identify it? Any magnets or glow features for example? You say it's from a series of four or five. Any information on those other characters such as colors or additional features?

Comment

• osker55
          Booyaaa
          • Aug 8, 2011

Pictures would help if you got any
          Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
          AHI wolfman moc
          Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
          Kresge moc WGSH
          Other stuff to update

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 28, 2013

What about X-Changers? There are a few different styles of these guys...
            DSCF5023.jpg

Comment

• ninelivecat
              • Feb 8, 2012

Thanks guys I will try and knock up some artwork and post on here.
              I looked up the X-Changers and found this which looks close I don't see any rope and hook though
              The helmet looked like this as far as the color scheme.

Here is the figure with a separate accessory pack I'm pretty sure my figure came with accessories
              self contained in it's blister pack or box.I'm pretty certain my action figure was an alien though.This is getting close though.
              Last edited by ninelivecat; Jan 15, '15, 9:49 PM.

Comment

• kinostadt
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 14, 2004

And you are pretty sure of the years 1977 or 1978?
                I'm asking because this 6" scale became very popular only after Masters of the Universe in the early '80s.
                Six inch scale figures in the late seventies were few and far between. Lots of 3 3/4", 8", 10" and 12" scales at that time.

Comment

• ninelivecat
                  • Feb 8, 2012

Originally posted by kinostadt
                  And you are pretty sure of the years 1977 or 1978?
                  I'm asking because this 6" scale became very popular only after Masters of the Universe in the early '80s.
                  Six inch scale figures in the late seventies were few and far between. Lots of 3 3/4", 8", 10" and 12" scales at that time.
                  I am positive it was around 1977 to 1978, I'm not exactly sure if it was 6" it wasn't bigger
                  maybe smaller around 5". I'm almost positive it was larger than a Star Wars or Action Force figure.

Thanks

Comment

• ninelivecat
                    • Feb 8, 2012

Kinostadt I don't remember much about the other figures except they had different designs and accessories.
                    I'm pretty sure they were all aliens not sure if they were against each other or part of a team.
                    I'm going to try and knock up some artwork to help me remember and to help you guys identify this
                    guy.

Thanks again.
                    Last edited by ninelivecat; Jan 15, '15, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• kinostadt
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 14, 2004

That would be great to see some artwork. I'm really interested in helping ID this guy.

Comment

• MegoCapnMike
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 22, 2012

The art you linked to reminds me of the Centurions. See #19 on this link

http://gadgets.gunaxin.com/the-30-be...-the-80s/34730
                        Looking for:

--Lion Rock "Mr Rock's" shoes/ boots (these may also be the same as the lion rock monster line boots)

--Mystery Astronaught

Comment

• kinostadt
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 14, 2004

The most limiting detail in this search seems to be the date. If it was early to mid eighties, there would be lots of possibilities. But since it's 1977 or 1978, the options are limited. And Tom said solid plastic, not doll-like, so that eliminated Madelman.

How about Atlantic Galaxy? Those were released in 1978 and they are solid plastic and slightly larger than 3 3/4".
                          Atlantic Galaxy Dynatlon and Skyman and Universe Voyagers Skygirl.

Or maybe something Microman related? Most of the releases in the late '70s were 3 3/4" scale, but Timanic was more like 6" or so. Although he did not mention remembering a magnet feature.

None of these options involved a zip line feature though, as far as I know.

Comment

• ninelivecat
                            • Feb 8, 2012

Thanks guys but it isn't any of those.I am positive it was late 1970's because of where I lived.I moved house in Summer 1980, I
                            got this for Christmas and I think it was the year I got a new bicycle also.This toy was so cool I didn't want to play with anything
                            else I got that Christmas.As far as the rope and hook goes could I have been wrong about that ? Maybe that was something I added
                            myself although I don't think so.I'm thinking that this figure may also have had a backpack where you could put his accessories into
                            although I'm not positive about this.I was only around 7 or 8 years old and the my recollection of the toy's details are sketchy.
                            I'm working on some artwork which I will submit here sometime early next week.Thanks again.
                            Last edited by ninelivecat; Jan 17, '15, 5:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎