Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Personally, I thought it was genius to hitch Castaway's wagon to $ucklord's star, I knew when I read that bit it would get funded with a lot extra.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Personally, I thought it was genius to hitch Castaway's wagon to $ucklord's star, I knew when I read that bit it would get funded with a lot extra.

I would bolster that with it was "wish I'd thought of it" idea. I don't know why anybody would have a problem with it, don't like? Don't buy but it did help other goals, so it's win/win if you like the other products.

Also, I know for a fact that my neighbour thinks I'm an idiot for just collecting toys, so to each their own.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• justzeg18
        Career Member
        • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by ZICA
        There was room enough in the mold that was used for the AJ heads to include the one for the Sucklord figure so we took advantage of it, plus we now have extra heads to use on our own variant.
        That makes total sense.
        Given that info, it would have been a waste to go any other route.

Comment

• SeattleEd
          SynthoRes Transmigrator
          • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
          We all have different tastes, and while this figure may not be yours, try to think outside for a second. I could name a dozen 8 inch figures that are headed scratchers to me personally, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be made.

As for the idea that these somehow used resources that could have been better used elsewhere? That's fundamentally wrong in light of how KickStarter works. We needed funding and made products to attract people to pledge money for those products. We came up with rewards that would attract Mego customizers and 8" action figure collectors. To be honest the support, while much appreciated, was not enough to fund. We were lucky enough to be approached to use the $ucklords characters, in 8"form to attract more supporters. It was their money, along with all our friends and supporters that made the Type "S" body possible. So at the end of the day without these figures and the folks who wanted them, we would not have been successful.

Like I said, it's ok not to "get it", or even dislike it....but don't forget that without it we would have never gotten a new bandless 8" body. I am extremely grateful for their support and yours too!

Dave
          You're welcome.

Made the most logical sense to meld these two camps togethers. One needing the numbers and the other having the numbers. $L has wanted to work with other toy genres and Mego 8" was the way to go since he was already into Megos with his drops. I know he mentioned he always wanted to work with the 1/9 scale ala Mego but it was too much and even wanted it made locally. When I mentioned about the KS for Type-S body to him he was game. He did want large production made in china type quality so it made the most sense to have him work with Castaway/Zica. Ideas for more characters of his creations were in the works but due to constraints they would have to be limited. So the Trifecta was one way to entice the fans and get an extra character. The variants are going to cool and some boutique shops that carry Suckadelic product will be able to carry some those variants.

Well worth the wait and fans will be happy to have a fully articulated $L creation and CAN be played with unlike his drops.
          Check out his old faux commercials for his products he created up on his YouTube channel.

ILL ACTION FIGURE BUGOUTS FROM SUCKADELIC.COM
          Last edited by SeattleEd; Jan 22, '15, 4:11 PM.

Comment

• SeattleEd
            SynthoRes Transmigrator
            • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            I'm not an idiot. I'm an a$$H--- for buying this!
            Exactly.

Comment

• KLAATU
              Museum Patron
              • Feb 3, 2009

I've supported everything Cast-a-way and Zica, but I'm still disappointed that the set of four AJ's I pledged for were never made. I know this has probably been answered before, but is it official that stretch goal #1 (heads) and stretch goal #2 (boots) are not going to be fullfilled? In any case, I am thankful that I helped fund for the manufacture of the type S body - of which I have bought 20.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎