Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

I like the production head better. The squeezed head not so much. Nice work.

Comment

• David Lee
      The Fix-it-up Chappie
      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by mego
      Well, that's one messed up head. People are excited for this? No judgment, but ... man.
      It's not everybody's cup of tea... but this is the head $ucklord provided His fans are happy and since they supported it, it works out I spose..

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I love the head BECAUSE it's messed up! It's exactly what I expect from $ucklord.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
          I love the head BECAUSE it's messed up! It's exactly what I expect from $ucklord.
          Yeah it's like musicians i like that purposely play off key, I pretend to get it because i'm afraid to be accused of not getting it.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Donkey Hoatie
            Supporter of Silliness
            • Jun 20, 2007

Can I be honest? I have no idea who Sucklord is. But, I wanted to support Castaway toys and their Kickstarter campaign. I saw the Sucklord figure, and it just made me laugh. Plunked the money down, and all that's left is the waiting game. Can anybody point me to a good source on who he is? Looked him up on Wikipedia, but that didn't have a lot of info. Checked out his site, but it didn't have much information to go on, either.

Comment

• SeattleEd
              SynthoRes Transmigrator
              • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
              I believe that was the idea. It is his MO which garners him the cred he has built up over the years. As David pointed out, it's not for everyone but the fans have spoken with their dollars. Hoping all 500 sell out worldwide.

Comment

• David Lee
                The Fix-it-up Chappie
                • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
                Yeah it's like musicians i like that purposely play off key, I pretend to get it because i'm afraid to be accused of not getting it.
                yeah I'll be the first to admit I don't completely get the mystique... but this guy is a marketing genius and has legions of fans. These facts helped our KickStarter Fund and brought the world the best 8 inch body produced to date! He was instrumental and a heckuva nice guy.

I can appreciate the purest of our hobby not really jumping on board. It's ok, even our favorite bands make a song or even a whole album we don't like, but we love em anyway... I'm never gonna own a figure called "CockKnocker" , but I can appreciate it was made.

I think some of the variants I have planned will have a little broader appeal... But at the end of the day, we buy what we like and we don't all like the same stuff. I do appreciate the support though, you guys make it possible.

Dave
                Last edited by David Lee; Jan 21, '15, 5:30 PM.

Comment

• blastphemey
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 11, 2008

For those unaware this sucklord guy has been around for some time now and has basked mostly in his fame of the poorly executed resin bootleg kenner star wars customs. Including but not limited to "gay empire" and more.

Dave, I'm happy you have the opportunity to get the publicity castaway deserves but I'm disappointed it has to be with this guy. I'm not judging him by how nice of a person he is by the way, I'm only giving my humble opinion. To me he is just another example of people/artists that sell crap to other idiots. I believe he gets more recognition than he deserves is basically what I'm saying.

Comment

• justzeg18
                    Career Member
                    • May 5, 2003

I truly mean no offense with this, but why did the $ucklord head need to be factory made?
                    It seemed a tad counter productive to his involvement.
                    His schtick is "bootleg" resin, so it seemed like a resin head from him would have been the way to go.
                    There would have been zero "factory" issues and he would have had a level of direct involvement that might have garnered more interest from his die-hards, and honestly made a tad more sense.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by justzeg18
                      I truly mean no offense with this, but why did the $ucklord head need to be factory made?
                      It seemed a tad counter productive to his involvement.
                      His schtick is "bootleg" resin, so it seemed like a resin head from him would have been the way to go.
                      There would have been zero "factory" issues and he would have had a level of direct involvement that might have garnered more interest from his die-hards, and honestly made a tad more sense.
                      There was room enough in the mold that was used for the AJ heads to include the one for the Sucklord figure so we took advantage of it, plus we now have extra heads to use on our own variant.

Comment

• draconianguard
                        #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                        • Mar 12, 2004

I'm glad these figures will be finally shipping soon. I can't wait to see them on the card.
                        Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by draconianguard
                          I'm glad these figures will be finally shipping soon. I can't wait to see them on the card.
                          They should start shipping next week. I've got a whole pile of nude Sucklord figures on a table in my office that are waiting to be dressed and packaged. I'll be sure to post a pic when I have one completed.

Craig

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Originally posted by blastphemey
                            … To me he is just another example of people/artists that sell crap to other idiots. …
                            Was it really necessary to call those of us that supported this project "idiots"? Your *opinion* quickly degrades your credibility when it become necessary to insult others needlessly.

Comment

• David Lee
                              The Fix-it-up Chappie
                              • Jun 10, 2002

We all have different tastes, and while this figure may not be yours, try to think outside for a second. I could name a dozen 8 inch figures that are headed scratchers to me personally, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be made.

As for the idea that these somehow used resources that could have been better used elsewhere? That's fundamentally wrong in light of how KickStarter works. We needed funding and made products to attract people to pledge money for those products. We came up with rewards that would attract Mego customizers and 8" action figure collectors. To be honest the support, while much appreciated, was not enough to fund. We were lucky enough to be approached to use the $ucklords characters, in 8"form to attract more supporters. It was their money, along with all our friends and supporters that made the Type "S" body possible. So at the end of the day without these figures and the folks who wanted them, we would not have been successful.

Like I said, it's ok not to "get it", or even dislike it....but don't forget that without it we would have never gotten a new bandless 8" body. I am extremely grateful for their support and yours too!

Dave

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                                Often invisible
                                • Jul 18, 2002

I'm not an idiot. I'm an a$$H--- for buying this!
                                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎