These are the ones that I have

IMG_1918.jpgIMG_1920.jpg
  • josephcardone
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 10, 2010

Some more

IMG_1921.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by josephcardone; Jan 8, '15, 7:14 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

The black lizard Soldier is cool, I did not know of those & am now smitten.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

There are a lot of great variations of the soldier apes when you combine the Apes that were available by MEGO in the USA and with what Palitoy released in the UK!

Comment

• scifiguy94
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 18, 2009

Black non-cuffed.

Comment

• megoapesnut
            The name says it all!
            • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by scifiguy94
            Black non-cuffed.

There he is! Could I impose upon you to shoot that guy on a white background for use in my book? Also, PM me your full name so I can give you a photo credit.

Comment

• mpramuk
              Museum Patron
              • Nov 24, 2007

Nice to see and compare all these PotA variations! Looks like I still have a few to seek out (e.g. maroon cuffed).

Here is the range of Soldier Ape variations I have: Silver, Lizard, Maroon, Blue, & Black

Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
              Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

• apes3978
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 19, 2005

Cool stuff...

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Very cool set of Soldier apes, black version looks the best, never knew of that one existing.

Comment

• k2
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 12, 2007

I always liked the maroon, but the black is really looking good

Comment

• scifiguy94
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 18, 2009

Cool apes mpramuk, but not sure that last one is black. If he is though, I'd love to have those gloves.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                        The name says it all!
                        • Dec 3, 2007

That black gloved ape is setting off alarm bells. The brown fabric from the gloves, sleeves and pants are all a different color. The sleeves are way to orange and the black is way to shiny and dark. I'm guessing we are either looking at something custom made or possibly an Ursus tunic combined with solider pants. Could be wrong, though.

Comment

• Confessional
                          Maker & Whatnot
                          • Aug 8, 2012

^^ I can likely explain the orange sleeves.

Here's a trinity of Palitoy Apes that were sun baked for a long period of time resulting in unique colorations. The only part of the Soldiers fabric that retained the original brown are the bottoms of his feet and a small ring about the elastic. The orange color shift even continues under the cuffs; tricky!

There is severe fading and color shift in Zira's boots, all of the clothing and in mouth paints. BTW, if anyone isn't aware, the metallic green colors that appear on Chimp heads is a type of oxidation, and not a color in/of the paint. In fact, some vinyl conditioners and cleaners will remove it in moments but it usually remains stable with gentle soap and water. So if you want to keep 'em green, be careful with your maintenance.

… I've got a bunch more pics coming too.

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Soldier Ape variants/sub-variants:

1. Maroon/Brown: These are all slightly different in color from one another, with the one on the left being the more noticeable darker tone.

2. Silver: The middle and right are very close, while the one on the left is a darker tone.

3. Oddball/Oddities: Left = charcoal gray (this is a legit color and is also found in cuffed tunics) - Middle = end/edge of vinyl roll tunic (these are very rare!) - Right = common navy in color but with lighter grade vinyl that has a strange, pitted texture

4. Blue: These are all different tones of blue, ranging from bright blue on the left to dark blues on the right. The charcoal gray Soldier appears again in these photos in the middle for comparison/contrast.

5. Lizard Skin: All different from the speckled on the left, through three blues, and the two very dark blue/blacks on the right.

6. Cuffed: Many tones of blue-gray/navy blue/deep blues/charcoal gray, and the iconic burgundy-purple

** It's also worth noting that many of the vinyl colors used through the production runs can only truly been seen with quality light… sun light, studio or gallery lighting will allow you to see color tones that might not be obvious with ambient light. In addition there are many deep dark blue tunics that appear black, but under a dose of white light, the blue shades are visible. Lots of sellers, particularly on eBay, mistake these for the much rarer black tunics.

Comment

• mpramuk
                              Museum Patron
                              • Nov 24, 2007

Seeing the questions about the black soldier ape I posted has me wanting feedback on what it is as well. Here are two more pics of it, 1 comparing it to a blue soldier ape and 1 showing the back of the top and the gloves.

It looks to be a legit Mego top given the tag and machine stitching. Any thoughts on what else I should look for with this?
                              Looking for redhead AJ heads (or figures) - both bearded & clean shaven (I'm trying to complete all the variations).
                              Also seeking: 1 blue Soldier Ape glove, 1 General Ape boot, sun reflector from PotA Fortress playset.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎