Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simplyrob
    • Jan 2, 2015

NOOB question

hey guys! glad to be here. hopefully you guys can help me out. its probably been a dozen years or so since I've collected MEGO figures actively (kids got in the way), but, i have an opportunity at a beautiful collection including some rare carded figures. whats the market like these days for MOC unopened 70's superheroes? i know that IM is really rare, but, how rare exactly? is green goblin as rare? what are the other htf figs from those series? thanks in advance for the help! cheers, rob.
  • k2
    Career Member
    • Sep 12, 2007

It may work better if you could post some pics or at least provide a list of the figures you have a chance to buy and the asking price. Then everybody can chime in as good deal or bad deal and give you an idea of their value.

IM and GG are definitely on top of the rare list, at least in terms of desirability, and Spider-Man and hulk usually sell for the lest in my observation. Outside of something like the french ff4 figs.
    Good luck
    KC

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Consider sending a message to member Dumbledor; he's well-informed on carded WGSH.

There's also a sub-forum in the Auction Watch discussion, called The Going Rate, which summarizes completed auction results on specific items.

Welcome & happy collecting!
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• osker55
        Booyaaa
        • Aug 8, 2011

Yeah pictures would help and condition is everything when it comes to carded figures year dates,which figure it is...but yeah pictures with prices would help and we can tell you if its a good idea or not.. Welcome
        Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
        AHI wolfman moc
        Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
        Kresge moc WGSH
        Other stuff to update

Comment

• Simplyrob
          • Jan 2, 2015

I have an appointment to look at them first thing tomorrow. I'll get a list and take pics of I can.

Comment

• osker55
            Booyaaa
            • Aug 8, 2011

Yeah if you can get pictures that would be cool and easier to put a price on them
            Wants....

AHI wolfman moc
            Kresge moc WGSH
            Other stuff to update

Comment

• Simplyrob
              • Jan 2, 2015

Guys, I appreciate the help. Here's the list of what was available. I also have to say, the boxed 8" figures, are gem. The boxes look like they've never been opened or shelved.

Carded - Iron Man, Spiderman, Hulk, Wondergirl x2, Kid Flash, Speedy, Aqualad

Boxed - Thor, Green Arrow, Invisible Girl, Aquaman, Conan, Mister Fantastic, Iron Man, Human Torch, Mr Mxyzptlk, Falcon, Shazam, Green Goblin, Lizard

Also available - bend n flex Spiderman '72, die cast Batman '79, Remco Batman climbing figure, official Bat-Watch (looks 60's or 70's), Flash Gordon tootsietoy.

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks again, yall

Comment

• Simplyrob
                • Jan 2, 2015

I'll be honest, I totally bought the collection.

EDIT: will post pics shortly.

Comment

• osker55
                  Booyaaa
                  • Aug 8, 2011

How much you spend if you dont mind me asking and are the boxed figures and carded figures original or on repro cards?
                  Wants....

AHI wolfman moc
                  Kresge moc WGSH
                  Other stuff to update

Comment

• Simplyrob
                    • Jan 2, 2015

All original packaging. As close to case fresh as possible Id think. I posted pics in a different thread.

Comment

• osker55
                      Booyaaa
                      • Aug 8, 2011

How much you end up spending on this collection if you dont mind me asking
                      Wants....

AHI wolfman moc
                      Kresge moc WGSH
                      Other stuff to update

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎