X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Type 'S' in 12"; Who is interested?

I'd REALLY LOVE to see this figure in 12" eventually.

The ones from FTC look nice, but I am wary of them.

Not to mention they promised female figures in that scale and did not follow through.

I hope we also get Yvonne in that scale. She'd be fantastic!

And loads cheaper than the bodies from Triad Toys!
    JediJaida
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

I'd rather see them focus on 1/9th. If they can do it without adversely affecting making other 8" dreams come true, then more power to them. Between the 8" and 3 3/4" possibilities, 12' scale is a distant, distant third on my priority list. There are plenty of 12" bodies available for anything I'd want to do.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      I'd rather see them focus on 1/9th. If they can do it without adversely affecting making other 8" dreams come true, then more power to them. Between the 8" and 3 3/4" possibilities, 12' scale is a distant, distant third on my priority list. There are plenty of 12" bodies available for anything I'd want to do.
      My sentiments exactly.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I don't see a Mego style body in 1/6th being able to even get into that market at all.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

The thing is, I've been checking out male bodies in that scale, and some of them are just...WOOF! As in BAD!

The sculpts are sometimes in the realm of 'hangover combined with constipation', and others are just plain UGLY!

Not to mention that they can be upwards of thirty and forty dollars; and that is just for the HEADLESS body!

I paid $30.00 and change for a Triad female Hispanic body (currently looking for a head in that scale and color).

Triad makes excellent stuff, as does Hot Toys, Enterbay, etc. But they are all TOO EXPENSIVE.

I had thought that a 1:6 scale male body from the boys at Castaway would be ideal. The price would be cheaper, but the construction would be superior, on account of no rubber bands, sturdier solid plastic parts instead of hollow, etc.

The ONE base body I got from Enterbay (the Bruce Lee 3.5 base model, headless) was over $60.00, and THAT was a couple of years ago!

There should be plenty of room for more figures in this scale, if they are done correctly, shouldn't there?
          JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

you are shopping in the wrong place, I can get a body with a head for 15 or so at War-Toys

I don't think a old fashioned Mego style body is going to be able to compete in the Hot Toys/ Sideshow dominated scale, its just a really different world compared to Mego. CTVT's body is at 25 so I don't expect one from Castaway to be any cheaper. And I don't really see a tooled up Yvonne being all that much cheaper than the Triad body you mentioned.
            Last edited by thunderbolt; Jan 2, '15, 5:58 PM.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by JediJaida
              I paid $30.00 and change for a Triad female Hispanic body (currently looking for a head in that scale and color). Triad makes excellent stuff, as does Hot Toys, Enterbay, etc. But they are all TOO EXPENSIVE. I had thought that a 1:6 scale male body from the boys at Castaway would be ideal. The price would be cheaper, but the construction would be superior, on account of no rubber bands, sturdier solid plastic parts instead of hollow, etc.
              And what makes you think they would sell it cheaper?

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

At this point, I'm just hoping for that.
                JediJaida

Comment

• Brown Bear
                  Still Old School
                  • Feb 14, 2008

I for one would be very interested if done in mego style, not generic 12 inch Joe style. I doubt they'd make any money with them though.

I'd also like to see a repro Muhammad Ali 9 inch body made but I'm not holding my breath.
                  Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• torgospizza
                    Theocrat of Pan Tang
                    • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    Triad makes excellent stuff, as does Hot Toys, Enterbay, etc. But they are all TOO EXPENSIVE.
                    Unfortunately, Triad doesn't really exist any longer. Any stuff you see for sale online is just left over from when they were still in business. They never even got around to releasing their Dejah Thoris, I believe. You can read a bit about it here. At this point, if I need a 1/6 female body, I'd go with Flirty Girl or Very Cool.

As far as male bodies go, you can get Chinese headless HT Truetype knockoffs for about $17-20 that are great quality. I have one for a Punisher kitbash (using a VTS "Revenger" head) and it's awesome, so long as you're able to hide the joints well. I wouldn't use one for a shirtless figure or anyone too buff.
                    Last edited by torgospizza; Jan 3, '15, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                      Invincible Ironing Man
                      • Feb 28, 2008

I'm still looking for an affordable 12" muscular body with hidden joints.
                      I know, I'm asking a lot...
                      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Whoa! No wonder I haven't gotten any response to my post on their Facebook page.

There aren't a lot of options for female bodies out there, I've been looking.

One figure I recently got can't be posed all that well; the legs can only be bent into a sitting position, and really are not that flexible. I put an unpainted Fembasix head on it, and might make it into an Auton.

Even if the prices are greater than the smaller bodies, I believe that there is enough room in the market for more 1:6 bodies; both male and female.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• torgospizza
                          Theocrat of Pan Tang
                          • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                          I'm still looking for an affordable 12" muscular body with hidden joints.
                          I'm not sure where the affordable zone is for you, GC, but I've seen Kaustic Plastik hint (and it was totally a hint, nothing outright) at a muscle body with rubber arms and torso, kind of like HT's Chris Redfield. I might be off base, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a variation of the KP02XXL Heroik body, so we can have a Conan with hidden elbow and abdomen joints, possibly with even bigger biceps. I'd definitely be up for that.

But to get back to CastAWay making a 1/6 body, I'd love to see that. I'd swap my 12" Megos onto them pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎