Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ye Olde Big Bang Theory Figures... doth thou know why the hips stick?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Ye Olde Big Bang Theory Figures... doth thou know why the hips stick?

Really digging this post Christmas surprise from the wife but curious.... The legs are stuck to the hips. Where I could free the right leg to its natural Mego movement the left leg on 3 of the 4 is stuck a bit tougher and I don't want to break them. Anyone else ran into this? I hope to squeeze in some time to do a review soon.

• nobody
    banjo!
    • Jan 26, 2012

Jim, I'm glad your doing the review. I was a bit peeved today when I opened my Ye Olde Lenny and Shelly. The outfits are great, but I was going to take Lenny's head off to get his shirt off and they made the neck plug super thin. I tore part of it. Also the glasses were glued to the head in a way that they sit on his eyebrows. My guys also had locked thighs. It's because they painted the underwear/pelvis and it froze them. I soaked them in a pan of microwaved water for a minute and broke the paint seal. They are fine now. I will reglue the glasses, so overall I'm happy now, just wish the neck plugs were thicker. Be careful buddy.

Comment

• jimsmegos
      Mego Dork
      • Nov 9, 2008

Yeah, I finally got the chance to drop trou on Raj (not something I ever thought I'd type) and saw the paint problem as well as the upper left leg is pulled way up into the hip. My Leonard has a similar problem. In this instance his glasses are uneven so they are crooked on his face. They still display well, are great likenesses and the costumes are fantastic but the bodies have some serious issues. Thankfully they are the EMCE / DST bodies and not the FTC one's, meaning that since they are made of a more durable plastic you are going to be less likely to have them break on you. I still like the figures and really like having the whole gang together BUT this is very concerning. I'll be curious to hear a review of on of the female figures.

Medic alert is just around the corner...

nasty...

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

I bought all these figures,and the gals,no paint problem.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Lee, I found that thin neck issue on my Emce Treks, too.

Luckily, don't all the newer Emce torsos screw apart, making head removal/swapping easier?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎