Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Human Flying Fish -- Nemesis of Aquaman

Figure The Human Flying Fish -- Nemesis of Aquaman

Vic Bragg was a swimming champion before turning to crime, with Dr. Krill, the brilliant medical doctor and marine biologist who had also turned to a life of crime for some unknown reasons. Dr. Krill surgically altered Bragg making him not only just amphibious, but able to take to the air for short periods of time with the aid of a special costume. After several months of recovery and training, Bragg began his career as the Human Flying Fish. Initially, Aquaman was indeed stymied by the Human Flying Fish's ability to escape into the air for a time, but he soon came up with clever ways to counter that advantage, and eventually captured both criminals.

HFF is built on a www.drmego.com swivel arm body; boots and belt from CTVT; head is a DC Direct Starman head enlarged, modified, and painted by me; his suit is by yours truly; and his glorious wings are by none other than www.lasermego.com.

Here he is with an original Type 1 Mego Aquaman and an original Mego Teen Titan Aqualad.

Once again, this custom would not exist without the help from Paul Wasson, aka Laser Mego, aka PMWasson. Please check out his site www.lasermego.com for a cornucopia if you will of wonderful custom Mego accessories. Thank you again Paul!

I hope you all enjoy my customs as much as I do, and, as always, thanks for looking.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Images
    Blog Entries
    Cool figure, Austin. This kind of super villainy is why Aquaman gets no respect.
    Planet Earth is Blue

Absolutely the LAST character I would have thought to make a custom of

Dr Krill ... bwah ha ha ha ... ya gotta love the Silver Age.

Brilliantly done as usual Austin!

- Marty

I just saw this aquaman special comic with the flying fish on a shelf fri. when i was looking for a dvd ,i always like it because it had a lot a bunch of werid stories in it. Great custom! Do you have a special. program. to sort comb the internet for unusual villians..Again you are the master!!!!!!

He looks great!!!
    I also play with other dolls:
    http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Images
    WOW--I've been planning him for years (Aquaman's rouges gallery is small lol). Will PM.

So cool.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    Cool figure, Austin. This kind of super villainy is why Aquaman gets no respect.
    Raspberries to you! In fairness, they did upgrade HFF a few years ago as a member of Trinity.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Really awesome figure. I love seeing customs of oddball characters.
    Toys and comics. My house isn't big enough. It's an addiction.

Images
    Terrific job as always, Austin! Keep 'em coming!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Awesome custom Austin!!
    I post in thy general direction!