X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

Texas Chainsaw question.

I wonder, does anyone know if Leatherface had some sort of real name in the movie?
    A full name?

I know it was based on real events, but was he himself based on a specific member of that family?
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Serial killer Ed Gein is often cited as an inspiration but the movie is a complete work of fiction.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

According to IMDB, his name is Bubba Sawyer, though he's been referred to as "Junior" occasionally.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Legend of Link
        Career Member
        • Jun 12, 2010

Thomas Hewitt is Leatherface's name from the TCM movies I've seen. But of course that's fictional.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r561/Sgordy199/ <- My Mego Pictures

Comment

• Wtrailer
          • Feb 11, 2012

He did not have a name other than "Leatherface" in the original film from 1974. The names given to him that the previous posters shared were from sequels and remakes. The film was "loosely" based on real events. The 70s drive-in films were notorious for marketing their films as true stories.

Wt.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

I think I'll stick with Jedidiah "Bubba" Sawyer.
            Sounds appropriate...
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Ok, mystery solved.
              I'm reading Chainsaw Confidential, by Gunnar Hansen. It's very well-written, intelligent, and a blow-for-blow account of the filming of the movie.
              It also addresses all the misunderstandings there may be.

Tobe Hooper hung a faded sign above the petrol station, with the family business name.
              The name is....wait for it....W.E.Slaughter...
              The sign advertises their BBQ meat.

They thought it was hilarious to have "we slaughter BBQ" as a business sign.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎