X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Dying a Fembasix female head?

I got a Triad Toys Alpha female body, but the head is far too light for it.

I posted to Triad's facebook page about getting the head separate, but just in case they don't get back to me about that, I thought I'd ask about dying a Fembasix head.

They're made, I think by old joe infirmary, or at least sold by them, and when I asked them if it was possible to dye it, they said that they had no clue.

Sooooo....I'm asking here.

It's made of rotocast vinyl, is slightly less squishy than a typical Mego girl head, or a Barbie head, already rooted, completely without facepaint (yeah, that was a great selling point!)

Should I scalp it before I dye it (If I CAN dye it!)? Will the dye be difficult to wash out of the hair if I don't?

If I do scalp it, will there be a problem with rerooting it?
    JediJaida
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

No help?
    JediJaida

Comment

• torgospizza
      Theocrat of Pan Tang
      • Aug 19, 2010

You can dye them, but what color is the hair? That would influence my advice on dyeing with or without rerooting it. Also, is the Triad Alpha body the Hispanic version that came with the blonde hair? That is a pretty dark body (I have one, and apart from an issue with the left leg falling out of the hip joint continuously, it's pretty nice [I want to use her on a custom Valeria from Conan the Barbarian]), but I think I would probably want to paint the head, as opposed to dyeing it, myself. You can easily get it to take the dye too well and go too far the other way. Maybe paint it with acrylics, then fine tune it with crushed pastels? Good luck with it and please post pics when you're done, JJ!

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

I've decided no to dye the head and simply get a premade head in that shade.

It IS very dark, but that's okay.

The head has auburn hair and is unpainted.

She'd be great for a female Auton.
        JediJaida

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎