Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing to watch in Late Night anymore...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Nothing to watch in Late Night anymore...

A great show came to an end last night. Craig Ferguson's last show was great and had the PERFECT ending. Gonna miss Geoff the Robot Skeleton, Secretariat, Sid The Rabbit and all the casts of characters. Most of all I am going to miss the funniest show in late night and a host that never played by the rules. Pre show interviews be damned. Monologues that seemed to be never scripted. He made them funny and he made me laugh. Thanks Craig Ferguson for putting on a talk show/late night show that is like no other talk show/late night show. Great opening and close of the show. Ended the only way it could have...complete comedic sarcasm that Craig always came up with. Think of the way that some TV shows have ended with dream sequences and how you thought it was complete BS...but funnier. BTW, if anyone here has never seen on of his shows...go on you tube and watch. You won't be sorry.
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I love his shows. He was always flirting with the lady quest, lol. It seems he could score any time he wanted. Gonna miss him.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

He had a great playful spirit that was always fun. He was even better when he had a more serious guest. Would like for him to get a show like Bob Costas had way back when.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
        Banned
        • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by ScottA
        I love his shows. He was always flirting with the lady quest, lol. It seems he could score any time he wanted. Gonna miss him.
        And did you ever notice how all the female guests would dress up more for his show. Best thing about his show was exactly what he would say from time to time on the show "I can't play by your rules". Tearing up the interview cards before each guest. I think what made him great as an interviewer was that he made you feel comfortable. He engaged his guests in conversation. First of the late shows that actually took time to actually interview musical guests in a long time. I will give the new guy a shot when he takes over in March. Seems to be a slight bit awkward and geeky. There have been rumors that Craig is seeking an earlier show on another channel. If he does get one it's a good thing that he can take the Robot and the Horse with him. Unlike Conan who basically had to leave everything he did with NBC with NBC and couldn't do it on his show on TBS.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎