X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Superboy Prime
    Career Member
    • Nov 27, 2009

In Search of the Holy Grail of Hulk!!

My life with classic toys and the search for the Mego Elastic Hulk!!! I'm sure some of you guys will like this!!! Revised and ready for action!!!

Enjoy!!!

"Hero Envy" The Blog Adventures: In Search of the "Holy Grail" of Hulk
    If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!
  • david_b
    Never had enough toys..
    • May 9, 2008

Ah, I love 'Holy Grails'.. The ones you pined for, for over 30-40yrs, or the ones you 'just discovered' and can no longer live without.. like Dida Displays or that Marvel Universe Walmart Exclusive Goliath (THANKS AGAIN, Morris (Toyman)).

My huge cash income during deployments helped me grab a few pricey Marvelmania ones. Now I'm back to either volunteering for paid VA medical studies or those 30-day payment plans..

Ah, Bless 'em, one and all..!!
    david_b
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
      Banned
      • Feb 13, 2010

So what you are saying is you have it now? well done the stretch range of toys /figures are amazing iv just got stretch Armstrong and love it was the photo linked your collection? looks amazing well done

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
        Career Member
        • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by Karen-bionic-fan
        So what you are saying is you have it now? well done the stretch range of toys /figures are amazing iv just got stretch Armstrong and love it was the photo linked your collection? looks amazing well done
        Let's see a pic of it!! I love Stretch Armstrong. And yes, I do have it now and forever...
        If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
          Banned
          • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by Mego Superboy Prime
          Let's see a pic of it!! I love Stretch Armstrong. And yes, I do have it now and forever...

THERE YA GO :p

Hey guys I promised to post pictures of my BOXED MINT DENYS FISHER STRETCH ARMSTRONG , just got him today the low down is I got him from the original owner , he told me he had 2 and they was never played with (once) at a Stretch lol hahahah anyway we made a deal and i got him for a stunning price , here are the photos he is one hundred % minty I cant believe it and still as soft as the day he was made (look at the photos) skin mint head min coffin minty and hes shorts totally minty inlay is all untouched and original instruction sheet is there , he told me he has been stored in him mums loft for 28 years untouched till 4 weeks ago i am the second owner I was in awe when i seen it and too boot the seller is a lovely genuine guy in reality he could easy get loads more than I paid enjoy the pics I am over the moon I gave him some stretches and will show you in a video soon :P

Loads of photos coz i knopw some of you love seeing stuff :P

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
            Career Member
            • Nov 27, 2009

WOW!! Awesome!! He looks so ready for action!!! You just gotta get the Stretch Monster now!!

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
              Career Member
              • Nov 27, 2009

Anyone else got some stories of getting a Holy Grail?

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                Banned
                • Feb 13, 2010

Anyone else got some stories of getting a Holy Grail?
                Well in the last year iv got 4 of them Bionic Bigfoot (boxed) mint!!!!! fembot (boxed) mint Bionic Woman special edition (with extra outfits ) mint in the box
                a blythe doll red hair girl minty with her box and 13 fashion outfits , a palitoy Superstar Doll 1978 UK exclusive and a Stretch Armstrong mint in his box and he is still soft as the day he was made :P Iv had a ball this year

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 27, 2009

Andre the Giant as Bigfoot on the Bionic man scared me to death when I was a kid. I remember even seeing the Bigfoot toy later in a store and being a little scared of that too.

Truth.

Another thing was when I was working a convention last year and Lee Majors was there, I went up to his booth (sadly, no one was waiting for him to sign anything) and told him that. He got a chuckle out of it and told me how big and nice Andre was.

I gotta admit Lee still looks good. Now Oscar Goldman looked like a dead prune (and no one was around him as well)

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                    Banned
                    • Feb 13, 2010

Andre the Giant as Bigfoot on the Bionic man scared me to death when I was a kid. I remember even seeing the Bigfoot toy later in a store and being a little scared of that too.

Truth.

Another thing was when I was working a convention last year and Lee Majors was there, I went up to his booth (sadly, no one was waiting for him to sign anything) and told him that. He got a chuckle out of it and told me how big and nice Andre was.

I gotta admit Lee still looks good. Now Oscar Goldman looked like a dead prune (and no one was around him as well)

Aw that's kinda sad I do love Lee well I would , but he can be a little serous at times he was on a UK TV show some years back and the presenter had a bionic Figure looking through its Bionic Eye lee was a little embarrassed but then said he had a responsibility to all the bionic fans to keep them happy , I met lindsay some years back again she is very serous but loyal to her bionic fans and was happy to humour me over the stuff I asked , yes the bigfoot figure is odd my sisters little boy hates the figure hahahah and asked me if there was a real bigfoot hahahah Richard looks very bad he loved the sun you can tell never met him but did write to him in 1994 and got an autograph picture he again is loyal to the bionic fans , yes lee looks great for his age ..back in the day ..well Id not have said no hashahaah anyway lol hahaha

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 25, 2010

A couple years ago i bought a lot of Super Powers toys off Craigslist and in it were 4 Buddy L Secret Wars motorcycles..... Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, and Spider-Man. I thought they were pretty cool and i searched the internet for more info on them. While searching, i came across a lone picture that indicated that there was a 5th motorcycle in the set..... the Hulk! Being a big Hulk fan back in the day, I had to have one. I searched for months for more info on this Buddy L Secret Wars Hulk Cycle and couldn't find anything..... just the single pic on Google images. Never saw one on eBay.... nothing. I had posted in a couple threads over the months when someone mentioned Sectet Wars collectibles that i was in search of this Secret Wars Hulk Cycle but i figured i'd never find one.... they just didn't seem to exist.

Fast forward to last week. Museum member Den82 PM's me with a title "Look what i got....". I open the message to find a pic of a Buddy L Secret Wars Hulk Cycle!! He proceeds to tell me that he got it in a lot of stuff he had just bought and while searching the internet for more info on the toy, he came across one of my posts where i had mentioned that this was one of my grails.

Any Buddy L Marvel Secret Wars Collections ? - Mego Talk

He tells me he likes this Hulk Cycle a lot...... but thought i would appreciate it more and offers to sell it to me! A little side note to the story..... a few weeks ago Den82 was looking for a bionic leg module to complete his Bionic Woman figure. I just happened to have a spare and sent it to him at no charge. I remember him thanking me and telling me "he owed me one". Talking about good toy karma! I was so excited last Friday when the Hulk Cycle arrived at my doorstep. I can't thank Den82 enough for allowing me to add this to my collection!

I also want to thank Mego Superboy Prime for providing a lot of info on this toy for me. After reading his blog about his awesome Hulk collection i contacted him to see if he could tell me about the Hulk Cycle. Sure enough, he has one and knew quite a bit about it. Apparently there are at least three more cycles i now need to find... Magneto, Dr. Octopus and Dr. Doom . Anybody have any of these laying around in a box somewhere?
                      Vintage Toy Rescue
                      1614-B N State Hwy 161
                      Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                      (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                        Career Member
                        • Nov 27, 2009

I love how things like this turn out. Sometimes you think you'll never find something and then...WHAM!!! you have it by the end of the week.

Yeah, when I was a kid I remember seeing those Buddy L single cycles at an Ames. I saw all of them; the three villains, Cap, Iron man, Wolverine and Spidey but not the Hulk, he was missing. I located him a few years later. And I never thought the Magneto, Doom and Octopus would be so hard to locate today. Come to think of it, all the Secret Wars single cycles are kinda hard to locate today. I think the most common ones are Spidey and Wolverine but you still don't see them all the time. Funny, 1984 wasn't that long ago...or was it?

Another funny thing is you can find the Kenner Secret Wars Dr. Doom, Magneto and Dr. Octopus figures by the truck load today. But when it comes to them and these cycles they are nonexistent. I find it interesting how toy companies produce their products so differently.
                        Last edited by Mego Superboy Prime; Jun 30, '11, 2:35 PM.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 25, 2010

Looking for another Hulk grail guys. Every so often i search around looking for more info on the Hulk Cycle that i got (see above) and today i came across this. First time i've ever seen of one of these sets. You see the Spider-man one all the time. But i gotta have this one! Please keep an eye open for this Buddy L Incredible Hulk set for me :D .

Vintage Toy Rescue
                          1614-B N State Hwy 161
                          Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                          (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
                            Looking for another Hulk grail guys. Every so often i search around looking for more info on the Hulk Cycle that i got (see above) and today i came across this. First time i've ever seen of one of these sets. You see the Spider-man one all the time. But i gotta have this one! Please keep an eye open for this Buddy L Incredible Hulk set for me :D .

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...bleHulkset.jpg
                            Hey, there it is! I remember when we spoke about this. I may have been a little incorrect about some of the details, but there is your stunt cycle without the figure on it.

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 25, 2010

Hey, there it is! I remember when we spoke about this. I may have been a little incorrect about some of the details, but there is your stunt cycle without the figure on it.
                              yup, went back and re-read our PM's and this has to be the one you mentioned. I can't believe I just now am coming across a pic of it. I gotta find me one!
                              Vintage Toy Rescue
                              1614-B N State Hwy 161
                              Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                              (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡