Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ribefex
    Museum Patron
    • Dec 19, 2008

I just learned that Buck Rogers line is in danger. It is very bad news for me. I've never seen a TV episode, but it´s the best Mego-like line ever made. I really hate the idea that those wonderful prototypes you did with so much love, effort, expense, and professionalism are not going to be produced.

I hope that ZICA marks the next standard quality for 8-inch figures. If Buck Rogers line is interrupted that way, it will be impossible for that to happen.

I fully support the idea of the limited figures, albeit at higher prices. Please, study this idea to save all the characters that you had planned and you have already worked in. To save the entire line you envisioned.

And, please, use the term Mego-like on the title of ebay. You are as entitled as anyone to do so.

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
      I don't think anyone could object to "Mego like" to describe ZICA BR. They're a perfect match, with just a slight scale difference.
      I think "Mego Like" is a fair and accurate description. It can't hurt to at least try it and see what happens.

"In the same scale as the classic Mego 8" figures of the seventies" would probably help cover you in the description if you used "Mego Like" in the title or sub.
      My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• ZICA
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2006

Being as they're listed in the Mego section of eBay I don't see how including "Mego Like" in the title or description is going to make much of a difference, if any. Since they're listed in the Mego section I think it's pretty much implied that they're "Mego Like". The listings get plenty of views and watchers so I know people are finding them.

Comment

• Teemu
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 15, 2010

Craig, any update on the production of the rest of series 1? and are prototypes being worked on at all for series 2?

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
            Craig, any update on the production of the rest of series 1? and are prototypes being worked on at all for series 2?
            Sorry to say but there isn't much in the way of updates. I can say that steps are being taken to try and hopefully get the remaining three figures from series 1 produced. Other than one outfit and the female body there hasn't been any other prototype work started for series 2.

Comment

• Type Two
              Career Member
              • Sep 20, 2010

Another BIG fan of ZICA, here. I've bought two of each initial figures over the past year and have been doing my part to make...no, force!...others to buy.

Here's hoping we see Hawk in 2011 or 2012!
              Type Two: The Mego body, not the disease.

Comment

• Marc
                • Jul 3, 2011

me too... hopefully we will get the other figures... :-)

Comment

• captact
                  King of Super Queens!
                  • Aug 19, 2007

This is a wonderful line,..and hope and wish this series of figures continue in the making.....

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Craig,do you think we'll see the remaining 3 of Series 1 Buck Rogers by end of this year? or is it looking like 2012 to get these? I myself budgeted in to get these for this year.

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Teemu
                      Craig,do you think we'll see the remaining 3 of Series 1 Buck Rogers by end of this year? or is it looking like 2012 to get these? I myself budgeted in to get these for this year.
                      No, you won't seem them this year or probably any year, at least not from me. Bottom line is the series hasn't done well enough to warrant making the other figures. There's a slim chance another company might pick the series up but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
                        No, you won't seem them this year or probably any year, at least not from me. Bottom line is the series hasn't done well enough to warrant making the other figures. There's a slim chance another company might pick the series up but I wouldn't count on it.
                        I am so sorry to hear that Craig. It's a damn shame, because your figures were simply the best quality out there on the market. I sincerely hope to see ZICA continue as a company...hopefully you can still one day acquire some goldmine of a license that will sell like crazy.

Don't give up on your dream...it WILL happen!

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by enyawd72
                          I am so sorry to hear that Craig. It's a damn shame, because your figures were simply the best quality out there on the market. I sincerely hope to see ZICA continue as a company...hopefully you can still one day acquire some goldmine of a license that will sell like crazy.

Don't give up on your dream...it WILL happen!
                          Trust me, ZICA Toys is still very much in the action figure game I've still got projects I'm working on and I'm hoping that 2012 will be a better year.

Comment

• samurainoir
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Dec 26, 2006

Well, you have raised the bar and proven that you can get the first set produced.

Here's hoping that you get a big retail and distribution push for your next project given the quality of Buck and Tigerman.
                            My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Craig, I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear this. There have been a lot of great figures that have come out in this 8" resurgence, but your Buck Rogers figures have been my absolute favorites. The quality and attention to detail is unbelievable. I'm glad to hear that you have other projects in the works, but I'm bummed that we won't see the Buck line continue.

It doesn't sound like there is much chance, but if you thought of putting out a limited-run, Mego Museum exclusive Hawk figure, I would buy a bunch of them. The campaign begins now!

Comment

• ZICA
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by sprytel
                                Craig, I can't tell you how disappointed I am to hear this. There have been a lot of great figures that have come out in this 8" resurgence, but your Buck Rogers figures have been my absolute favorites. The quality and attention to detail is unbelievable. I'm glad to hear that you have other projects in the works, but I'm bummed that we won't see the Buck line continue.

It doesn't sound like there is much chance, but if you thought of putting out a limited-run, Mego Museum exclusive Hawk figure, I would buy a bunch of them. The campaign begins now!
                                The primary problem is the MOQ that is required by the factory for each figure. Yes, I could make just Hawk but the MOQ will be too high for me to take the risk.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎