X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Star Wars Rebels S3

anyone see the trailer? Grand Admiral Thrawn to debut.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/37...ailer#/slide/1

awesome news. he was badass in the books. Could mean the eventual introduction of Mara Jade then too. Tarkin is in it and it looks like Wedge will appear in the new season too

I also still think Ezra might be Snoke, especially after watching this new trailer
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

oh, and Tom Baker to voice a new character too

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

I'm excited for this. I can see Ezra being Snoke, and I can also see it as misdirection.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

That's different than the trailer I saw.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

The kids and I have really been enjoying Rebels. The show has done a great job adding in some of the less offensive parts of the prequels, cherry picking beloved characters for cameos, and yet still feeling like its own unique story. I'm glad they decided to go with Thrawn as the Big Bad rather than making Vader a bigger part of the storyline.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Rebels was originally promoted as a prequel to New Hope in storyline, style and tone. But what it actually turned out to be was Clone Wars 2. Which is not really a bad thing. The Clone Wars series was very good and tried very hard to redeem the prequels. But for me the Clone Wars story line had run its course.

I watched the first two seasons and I was hoping for more fun with Lando or even meeting up with Han Solo and Chewie. It also looks, to me, that Ezra is not the Luke of the series, he is the Anakin. I am also very very tired of Darth Maul. I'm glad people are enjoying the show and the new season looks really well done. But after the new trailer, I can see the show is just not for me.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Benicio del Toro is the main villain in episode 8, so he might be playing Ezra since he'd be around 50. I still have to binge watch most of this show, so I'm prolly way off.
              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
                Rebels was originally promoted as a prequel to New Hope in storyline, style and tone. But what it actually turned out to be was Clone Wars 2. Which is not really a bad thing. The Clone Wars series was very good and tried very hard to redeem the prequels. But for me the Clone Wars story line had run its course.

I watched the first two seasons and I was hoping for more fun with Lando or even meeting up with Han Solo and Chewie. It also looks, to me, that Ezra is not the Luke of the series, he is the Anakin. I am also very very tired of Darth Maul. I'm glad people are enjoying the show and the new season looks really well done. But after the new trailer, I can see the show is just not for me.
                true, but it was also promoted as having direct ties to the new trilogy

Comment

• jacoblb
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2009

Wife and I are very excited for the new season. We both read the Timothy Zahn books before we met and she's a big Tom Baker fan. I loved the last season. Hope to see more Asoka again. Also noticed Sabine had a subtle hairdo change again, I watched the trailer only once on a small phone screen but it seemed like that was the case. I've been buying up all the Lego Rebels sets that aren't redundant types.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by jacoblb
                    Wife and I are very excited for the new season. We both read the Timothy Zahn books before we met and she's a big Tom Baker fan. I loved the last season. Hope to see more Asoka again. Also noticed Sabine had a subtle hairdo change again, I watched the trailer only once on a small phone screen but it seemed like that was the case. I've been buying up all the Lego Rebels sets that aren't redundant types.

yeah, I love the Tim Zahn trilogy. I loved the character of Mara Jade so much I named my youngest daughter after her.

the first season of Rebels was hit or miss for me but season 2 really picked up the pace and I loved the S2 finale. really looking forward to S3 and I truly hope they bring Mara Jade into official cannon now that we have Thrawn

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

anyone still watching? correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that YT freighter the same ship Dash Rendar flew? maybe they are paving the way to bring another EU character into cannon?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

I've been mostly watching bits and pieces on YouTube.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Time to geek out. They're saying there's an Easter Egg of the Ghost in Rogue One.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

I'm behind but will catch up soon.

Comment

• jacoblb
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 7, 2009

My wife and I have watched since the beginning. She's read the Rebels novels while I have read the comics. I have Hot Wheels and Disney Infinity Rebels toys.
                              Tom Baker is her all time favorite Doctor Who so it was great to hear him voice a character from where ever he was that wasn't inside the normal recording studio. We still like the show but have found fewer solid episodes this season. Like me, she has read the Zahn trilogy. I don't mind Thrawn's voice in the show, but she sure doesn't think the voice suits the character. I hope the season finale is as good as last season.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎