Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Nintendo NX is officially revealed as the Nintendo Switch.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The Nintendo NX is officially revealed as the Nintendo Switch.

I am so excited for this.

I'm happy for many reasons.

I no longer have to buy a separate Nintendo handheld and console. Pokémon on the TV!!!

Back to cartridges! Yay! I loath the lengthy mandatory game installs of the XBOX one followed by the inevitable 40 plus gig day one patches. I had to wait through an entire day of installs, downloads and patches to play the Halo Collection. I'm beyond sick of that crap.

No more Wii branding. I hated that name.

I don't have to look back and forth between two screens like the WiiU and 3DS.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Spyweb007
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 18, 2006

Looks awesome. I agree with you, I don't want to be bothered with updates and downloads and patches and loading times, there's a reason I always preferred console games to computer gaming, but now all the consoles are just as bad as the computers. I want the game system to be quick and simple, so I can get to the actual gaming. Nintendo always thinks about the ease of use and practicality, they get that gaming should be fun, not a chore.

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Cool! My group in NVIDIA worked on the processor for it. Can't wait to try it out next year.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
        Cool! My group in NVIDIA worked on the processor for it.
        Congrats. That's super cool.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

Some people are saying the controller looks like a robotic dog.

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Only 2 titles will be out for the launch. That doesn't seem like a good sign.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I'm sure every store will get three on the launch, artificially creating a demand.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                Only 2 titles will be out for the launch. That doesn't seem like a good sign.
                So far five launch games have been announced. Which still isn't a lot better than when the N64 launched with only two. It's a shame Mario Kart couldn't make launch but at least it's only a month later.

Originally posted by palitoy
                I'm sure every store will get three on the launch, artificially creating a demand.
                On the bright side many stores are offering pre-orders for the system. But, yeah, on launch day chances are probably slim you could just walk into a store and get one.
                Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 14, '17, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

Okay,I'm seeing 4 listed for the March 3rd launch. I missed Super Bomberman R and Skylanders Imaginators. I only noticed the new Zelda game and 1-2-Switch before. There's a bunch that says March 2017 but not an exact date.

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

I guess I missed the preorders as all the online retailers say sold out. I might end up waiting in line at midnight like I did for the original Wii.
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      Okay,I'm seeing 4 listed for the March 3rd launch. I missed Super Bomberman R and Skylanders Imaginators. I only noticed the new Zelda game and 1-2-Switch before. There's a bunch that says March 2017 but not an exact date.
                      There's also Just Dance 2017. I've seen Snipperclips, Has-been Heroes, I am Setsuna and Fast RMX listed as March releases but not for launch day. Which is still not a great selection. I'm hoping more will be announced for launch.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                        Persistent Member
                        • Apr 18, 2006

I hope the Switch does well enough to get a good library of third party games. Sony and Microsoft are too similar, Nintendo keeps things fresh and interesting with their innovation, but I want more than just Mario and Zelda and other Nintendo titles to choose from. I think the Switch could be a huge seller with a good software library, I could even imagine some households purchasing more than one Switch due to the portable nature and multiplayer options.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Spyweb007
                          I hope the Switch does well enough to get a good library of third party games.
                          Nintendo has never had trouble getting third party support for their portables.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

The Switch is getting a ton of indie support.

Discover some of the unique and innovative experiences world-class indie developers have in store for Nintendo Switch during the Nindies Showcase.00:00 - Int...

Comment

• drquest
                              ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                              • Apr 17, 2012

Anyone pick up a Switch today? I have a pre-order I need to pick up at some point. The new Zelda game reviews are pretty stellar....
                              Danny(Drquest)
                              Captain Action HQ
                              Retro shirts and stuff
                              More retro shirts
                              Stuff For Sale

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡