X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Swamp Thing production halted

The Warner Swamp Thing production was halted...

https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...tion-cut-short
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

There was one?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
      Eloquent Member
      • Dec 26, 2006

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Dammit, I hope this still happens. I'm still really disappointed that NBC cancelled Constantine before Swampy could be introduced in season two.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Man, Swampy looked great, just in that snippet. Berni Wrightson would be proud for sure....
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Leonardo Myst
            • Apr 18, 2019

I believe they mentioned that they cut the first season down to 10 episodes instead of 13.
            So, it's still happening.

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

That doesn't bode well for DC's streaming service. The truth is, it was eventual that we're going to see a streaming service bust at some point. People bailed on Cable because they could get all the wanted from Netflix, Hulu and Amazon.

Now there are dozens of streaming services, and the market is becoming more and more fragmented. As such, these services are going to have less money to put into original shows. I'm guessing the DC platform has never quite taken off, which doesn't surprise me, they didn't launch with anything but a bad Teen Titans show and a bunch of DC movies and cartoons that have been available everywhere else for years. They made people wait for Doom Patrol (which is sweet) and have been hyping Swamp Thing. But DC just doesn't have the library that Disney does, nor did they get the hype that Disney has for it's platform launch.

I hope the DC streaming service makes it, I think they have some good stuff and their shows look like they could be great, but Swamp Thing basically being cut off at the ankles indicates to me that they don't want to spend anymore money on shows when the service may not even be around for it to air on.

Comment

• Leonardo Myst
                • Apr 18, 2019

I think that adding all of DC's comics to it will help a lot.
                Fans have been clamoring for a 'DC Unlimited' for a long time. And for less than the price of two comics, you can now read all of their comics.

It sounds to me that the production of Swamp Thing was going to exceed the budget they had set up for it.
                Which isn't a DCU problem, but rather a problem with the production not working within the boundaries given.
                Last edited by Leonardo Myst; Apr 19, '19, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I read an article somewhere (can't find it now), that says the Swamp Thing production was shortened due to the old "creative differences". Apparently actress Virginia Madsen took to Twitter to complain about the production. This article went on to say that the DCUniverse service was actually performing beyond industry expectations. Go figure.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎