X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures 7: Robot Man with Four Faces

This week's installment of Toy-Ventures is all about the wonderful and weird Maskatron knock off from France called "Robot Man with Four Faces" one of the more blatant (and charming) rip-offs I've ever encountered as a collector.

Visit us online at www.plaidstallions.com

Twitter: @plaidstallions

Subscribe to our Youtube Channel:

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • newlyknighted
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 21, 2010

I never knew this existed. You have to love the French for their insistence on a different dollar investment value, and name adjustment of Steve Austin. This is just one of the many reasons why I keep coming back to this website daily. Great story. Thanks for sharing.
    I post in thy general direction!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Actually someone pointed out to me today that it was also available on an english card. Where did he find the image? Sigh....the Mego Museum forums...

51360197_10156424305089775_3612744902472892416_n.jpg
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

THIS video got my attention. Looking forward to watching it after work tonight. Always thought this figure was cool for a variety of reasons.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

everytime I see this figure I want one just for the ape mask. Kid me would have had a heyday making up stories with that figure.

Comment

• Neutron X
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 22, 2007

You know I loved this video!!!! Cool stuff for sure! A few points about this figure. I never noticed but yours MIP has unique boots. The ones I have owned have either had the black or white lace up boots. My white ones came from France. I also have the suit in green and not blue, anyone else seen this? GREAT FIGURE!!!! Oh... if anyone has an extra apemask for sale or trade let me know.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Neutron X
              You know I loved this video!!!! Cool stuff for sure! A few points about this figure. I never noticed but yours MIP has unique boots. The ones I have owned have either had the black or white lace up boots. My white ones came from France. I also have the suit in green and not blue, anyone else seen this? GREAT FIGURE!!!! Oh... if anyone has an extra apemask for sale or trade let me know.
              Yeah I just noticed the boot thing myself, I have seen the different coloured outfits, I guess they did a few runs of these?
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                Yeah I just noticed the boot thing myself, I have seen the different coloured outfits, I guess they did a few runs of these?
                Not sure if variations are a distribution thing. My white boots came from France with a figure, now sold. My current Action Robot Man came from Italy, and green outfit came from Italy with another arm variation. No boots so matched previous figure's look. I hadn't seen uniform variations other than shades of blue before finding the green suit. I think this KO did well enough to get marketed in at least 4 countries, USA, Canada, France and Italy are my guesses.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎