X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • William Vafai
    Museum Super Collector
    • Oct 14, 2017

My other snowspeeder pilots

This is Wedge Antilles and Wes Janson his snowspeeder gunner. The one with the blue insignia on his helmet is Luke's snowspeeder gunner Dak Ralter. http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...8/img-0063.jpg
    Last edited by William Vafai; Nov 28, '17, 9:38 PM.
  • hawkmike
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2003

Nice work
    wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• William Vafai
      Museum Super Collector
      • Oct 14, 2017

thank you

Comment

• Madcap70
        • Dec 4, 2017

What parts did you use?

Comment

• William Vafai
          Museum Super Collector
          • Oct 14, 2017

Originally posted by Madcap70
          What parts did you use?
          For the jacket I used the yellow long sleeve shirt with the pocket on the left side. I got it from Classic TV toys. I dyed it with red dye I got from Walmart. Then I rinsed it of to get the right orange color. The space suits came from the yellow space 1999 astronaut. I also dip that in the same red dye. You have to heat up the dye in the microwave or it wont work. Let it dry. If it's too dark rinse it with water. The white gloves are also from Classic TV toys. The boots are from the Dr. Mego. The Andorian boots. I had to use a fine sandpaper to remove the shine off the boots to paint them. I haven't done it to these in the picture but my Luke on Hoth shows the finished product. The white chest vest and the life support computer was made by using some thin plastic Walmart gift cards. It's hard to explain how I do it. The gray straps are white flat shoe laces, from a child's sneakers that I dyed gray. I made the holsters by cutting out strips of brown vinyl and gluing them together. The helmets are modified X-wing pilot Pez dispensers. The body's are Dr. Mego swivel arm figures.
          Last edited by William Vafai; Dec 7, '17, 2:37 AM.

Comment

• Madcap70
            • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by William Vafai
            For the jacket I used the yellow long sleeve shirt with the pocket on the left side. I got it from Classic TV toys. I dyed it with red dye I got from Walmart. Then I rinsed it of to get the right orange color. The space suits came from the yellow space 1999 astronaut. I also dip that in the same red dye. You have to heat up the dye in the microwave or it wont work. Let it dry. If it's too dark rinse it with water. The white gloves are also from Classic TV toys. The boots are from the Dr. Mego. The Andorian boots. I had to use a fine sandpaper to remove the shine off the boots to paint them. I haven't done it to these in the picture but my Luke on Hoth shows the finished product. The white chest vest and the life support computer was made by using some thin plastic Walmart gift cards. It's hard to explain how I do it. The gray straps are white flat shoe laces, from a child's sneakers that I dyed gray. I made the holsters by cutting out strips of brown vinyl and gluing them together. The helmets are modified X-wing pilot Pez dispensers. The body's are Dr. Mego swivel arm figures.
            Thanks so much! I'm going to have to try them someday!

Comment

• ddgaff1132
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 3, 2007

I like these very much and a big thank you for sharing your methods on making these.
              Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
              MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

Looks great!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎