X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Holy Bionic Theft! GI Joe Stole Steve's Jet ...Thing

I never knew the Bionic Mission Vehicle had been reused as an Action Man vehicle. It looks awesome in black.
    4134_l.jpg
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Thread from a foreign Joe group with better pictures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

They stole ROM too.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

I am aware that it wasnt a copyright theft. I was using it in a comedic sense accusing the characters involved in gi joe and action man as having stolen tech and or a vehicle from the character of Steve Austin aka the 6 Million Dollar Man.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Megotastrophe
          I am aware that it wasnt a copyright theft. I was using it in a comedic sense accusing the characters involved in gi joe and action man as having stolen tech and or a vehicle from the character of Steve Austin aka the 6 Million Dollar Man.
          you didn't use a smiley face.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

reminds me when kenner took a silverhawk vehicle and later made it to a batjet

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

reminds me when kenner took a silverhawk vehicle and later made it to a batjet
              Everything in Kenner's early "Dark Knight Collection" was borrowed from another line. The Batman and Joker motorcycles were both from the Robocop line. The Batjet as you say, from Silverhawks. And of course they recycled the Super Powers Batcopter in black. We finally got movie-accurate Batmobile and Batwing from them in the second wave of releases.

And then there's Kenner's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves line...the only thing new is the heads! And not even all of those are new!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

Ok but how cool does the rocket jet car cycle thing look in black? Despite the body still looking like a Dustbuster?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Everything in Kenner's early "Dark Knight Collection" was borrowed from another line. The Batman and Joker motorcycles were both from the Robocop line. The Batjet as you say, from Silverhawks. And of course they recycled the Super Powers Batcopter in black. We finally got movie-accurate Batmobile and Batwing from them in the second wave of releases.

And then there's Kenner's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves line...the only thing new is the heads! And not even all of those are new!

Chris
                  Exactly why Toy Biz is the cut-off point for vintage Batman toys in my collecting. Some of the Kenner Batman vehicles bring good money though.

Comment

• Neutron X
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 22, 2007

Vehicle was also used by Lili Ledy in Mexico for the Gijoe/Aventureros de Accion toyline!

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 12, 2004

I hope you're not being deadly serious accusing Megotastrophe of being deadly serious.
                      (I'm assuming you're not)

"Holy Bionic Theft! GI Joe Stole Steve's Jet ...Thing" is about as tongue-in-cheek as it gets.
                      Last edited by GlobalObserver; Mar 28, '19, 1:16 PM.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

This took a turn...

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡