Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

More MOTU Origins Pics

Here's some more photos as promised:

"Enter at your peril, He-Man!"

"I HAVE THE POWER!!!!"

"What-what...are you?" "I'm He-Man!"

And even more here: http://www.infinitehollywood.com/mas...verse-origins/

I feel like these hit those mini-comic and Frazetta poses that I never really felt like MOTUC could get. I liked MOTUC, but everyone always seemed so rigid and stiff, like they had a stick up their butt. Here you can get those deep squats, those two handed broad sword poses, the deep arches... I dunno, I love it. Your mileage may vary.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

So cool. So very, very cool. I collect ReAction, but this is the MOTU line I've wanted for decades.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Klosterheim
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 23, 2013

Wow! Impressive pictures.
      Very cool indeed!

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

WOW those do like great. Bonus is the fact that Mattel is cross-promoting with the WWE
        Mattel has dropped in a few more figures in to their Masters of the WWE display. This line mixes WWE Superstars with Masters of the Universe style aesthetics for a crossover that works amazingly well. Also added was the packaging for the new line, which calls back to classic MOTU card backs. See the images...

SDCC-2019-Mattel-Masters-of-the-WWE-001.jpg

I rarely pick up WWE but if I get back into the MOTU might as well add this guys to the list.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

so is it just extra articulation at the shoulder and the elbow? those shots are great

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            so is it just extra articulation at the shoulder and the elbow? those shots are great
            Nope. Shoulder, elbow, knee, thigh/leg all have ball joint/swivel hinge.

Head is on a ball joint, and the ball joint is on another ball joint with extra rotation allowing for more movement.

Ankles are swivel.

Feet are on rocker joints with deep hinge.

Hands are on swivel hinge.

Arms, head, torso, feet at the ankle, hands are all removable allowing for interchangeable features with other figures.

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

those look great. I've not followed MOTU much - what castle is that?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by noelani72
                those look great. I've not followed MOTU much - what castle is that?
                Grayskull?

J/K... It's the Masters of the Universe Classics castle. So it's supposed to be scaled for those figures which are 7 inches. It scales much better with these 5.5 inch figures.

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  Grayskull?

J/K... It's the Masters of the Universe Classics castle. So it's supposed to be scaled for those figures which are 7 inches. It scales much better with these 5.5 inch figures.
                  lol.
                  Wow, I looked at eBay and that thing is crazy expensive!! Wow! It sure looks killer though.
                  Somewheres...probably Thingiverse, I snagged some real neat 3d files for printing. Might be time to get em out and start looking at scale.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Nice pictures.

I'm really looking forward to this line. I have high hopes for a fully articulated Battle Cat and Panthor that looks just like the originals.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎