Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thundercats Roar is worse than even expected.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Thundercats Roar is worse than even expected.

The first episode is streaming on Demand on comcast.

The character designs are just plain ugly. They look like crude quickly drawn doodles. I mean, I didn't care for the changes in the She-Ra reboot but at least they put some actual effort into the designs and the backgrounds were lovely. Thundercats Roar is an absolute eyesore. It's ugly, the characters are all imbeciles and turning Snarf into a swiss army knife robot makes no sense. Same with Mumm-Ra being Godzilla sized. Makes no sense. You would think it's some kind a cheap youtube parody but it's the actual series. Good grief this is bad. I really can't grasp how this got the green light. I cannot imagine the Thundercats property surviving this. It's that bad.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sorry, I think I know how much that hurts you. I've always though the original Thundercats designs were great.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I am not exaggerating on how ugly this is. This is an actual screen grab.

lionoroar.jpg

It's like hipster "irony" being made into a cartoon.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

I am glad I will NEVER have to see that version. I loved the original and even the reboot was good and wanted to include other cartoons but this I will not support.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Cartoon Network has its head so far up it's butt it can see it's own tonsils. WB has had absolutely no idea how to do anything with their properties for the better part of the decade.

This is just awful. Why even call this Thundercats?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• msenger76
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 3, 2009

what the heck did i just look at? horrible

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

I just watched the intro for the 80's GI Joe cartoon and was amazed at how much more impressive the animation was then compared to most of the cartoons today. The current cartoons look like doodles that I would have been embarrassed to have on my notebook in school! I don't understand how such an ugly animation style became the current standard. The new Thundercats looks terrible.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                I am not exaggerating on how ugly this is. This is an actual screen grab.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27357[/ATTACH]

It's like hipster "irony" being made into a cartoon.
                Umm...I can't even tell you which character that's supposed to be. The red hair...NO...it can't possibly be Lion-O.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Egad, that's so much worse than I expected.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

Super excited for this. Where can I watch it?
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

*sigh*

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I just watched the intro for the 80's GI Joe cartoon and was amazed at how much more impressive the animation was then compared to most of the cartoons today. The current cartoons look like doodles that I would have been embarrassed to have on my notebook in school! I don't understand how such an ugly animation style became the current standard. The new Thundercats looks terrible.
                        I mostly blame Adventure Time. I know it's beloved by many people, and perhaps deservedly so (I honestly could never get into it), but a lot of studios and networks looked at it's deceptively simple, intentionally semi-crude style and said "THIS!". Almost everything has looked like some combination of AT and Family Guy for some time now.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

It’s very Adventure Time and Steven Universe in style, both of which are unbelievably popular. I’ve never seen SU, but my nieces kid is 7 and she loves it. I still think Adventure Time is great!

I feel compelled to check out the show now that I’ve seen the stills.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                            *sigh*
                            This reminds me, they didn't even bother to do the Eye of Thundera right. As you can see from the previous two cartoons the Eye of Thundera in the sword is supposed to cover the mythical "third eye" on Lion-O's forehead during sight beyond sight. In the new cartoon it covers his nose. Hipster humor I guess.
                            Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 15, '20, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                              It’s very Adventure Time and Steven Universe in style,
                              Both of those are light years beyond this in character designs and writing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎