X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

King Seesar, Guardian Monster god

I used Fu Dog and Japanese Lion statues as reference for his headsculpt and tried to give a grey stone look to the hands feet and armor. He appeared in Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla and helped Goji defeat his robot evil twin.

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I really like the style of this one. Those last pics look like an epic showdown.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

One of your best yet. The armor makes me wonder what your Daimajin would look like.

You should put all these in a gallery here.

Any thought of doing Hedorah?
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        One of your best yet. The armor makes me wonder what your Daimajin would look like.

You should put all these in a gallery here.

Any thought of doing Hedorah?
        yes I am slowly working on Hedorah. I got a bug, lol, to do larval Mothra and Minilla. Hedorah is going to be very involved. I'm sort of using my old clayface as a template.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by sprytel
          I really like the style of this one. Those last pics look like an epic showdown.
          They're pals, even shaking paws.

Comment

• KnightDetective
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 31, 2012

Eye candy. Man, those colors really pop! Another good scale / armor effect, too. Can you elaborate on the eyes, please? They look translucent.

(Been soooo tempted to ask you for more "in progress" pics, but you seem to be in such an imaginative, fun and prolific groove, I don't want you to do anything that would slow you down or kill your joy. And you're already generous with the pics, so never mind, just keep them plushie varmints coming!)

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by KnightDetective
              Eye candy. Man, those colors really pop! Another good scale / armor effect, too. Can you elaborate on the eyes, please? They look translucent.

(Been soooo tempted to ask you for more "in progress" pics, but you seem to be in such an imaginative, fun and prolific groove, I don't want you to do anything that would slow you down or kill your joy. And you're already generous with the pics, so never mind, just keep them plushie varmints coming!)
              They eyes are amber glass beads backed with red sculpey to get the color. I do some pics on instagram of the heads https://www.instagram.com/joetbolt/

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

For some reason I have forgot about this character, but yours turned out great.
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  For some reason I have forgot about this character, but yours turned out great.
                  thanks, for some reason that movie didn't get a lot of play here. Its the first Mecha-Godzilla so you'd think it'd get more love.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Probably the worst Godzilla movie ever made, but this is your finest work, which is saying something since (all) your monsters are fine hard work.

I agree that these need to be in some kind of custom creations gallery. Now Hedorah is a coming attraction and Mothra, maybe King Ghidorah and Rodan? so many to think of.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                      Probably the worst Godzilla movie ever made, but this is your finest work, which is saying something since (all) your monsters are fine hard work.

I agree that these need to be in some kind of custom creations gallery. Now Hedorah is a coming attraction and Mothra, maybe King Ghidorah and Rodan? so many to think of.
                      Nahh Godzilla's Revenge aka All Monsters Attack gets that title, basically a clip show. Ghidorah and larval Mothra along with a Minilla of sorts are soonish.

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

He really does have that lion statue look about him. Good job on him.

Comment

• KnightDetective
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 31, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          I do some pics on instagram of the heads https://www.instagram.com/joetbolt/
                          Thank you! Just what I wanted to see! Answered a bunch of my questions, too. Cheers!

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            Nahh Godzilla's Revenge aka All Monsters Attack gets that title, basically a clip show. Ghidorah and larval Mothra along with a Minilla of sorts are soonish.
                            That’s right I forgot about Godzilla’s Revenge, and also Godzilla vs. Megalon with that other monster with the big beak and that hook for a hand, whatever it’s called.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                              That’s right I forgot about Godzilla’s Revenge, and also Godzilla vs. Megalon with that other monster with the big beak and that hook for a hand, whatever it’s called.
                              Gigan!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎