X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

First look GI Joe Classified.

Snake Eyes convention figure. Looks like an update of the 85 Snake Eyes. Nice.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

Neat looking figure. Looking forward to seeing the rest.
    I’m interested to see what Jazzwares does with the 33/4” line their releasing....although I still can’t believe Hasbro is licensing out what I consider their defining property!?
    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Not my thing but this is a really smart move.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Captain
        ....although I still can’t believe Hasbro is licensing out what I consider their defining property!?
        I think Hasbro is starting to see themselves as more of an entertainment company first and a toy company second. They also licensed out Micro Machines to Wicked Cool toys, Classic My Little Pony to Basic Fun and many board games to winning moves.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

The figure looks great but man, Hasbro's packaging the last several years is so bland and unattractive. Mostly black...no colors or POP in the aisle.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I think it's supposed to be like a "prestige" thing but it's strange it doesn't try to invoke that winning packaging design of the 1980s.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Maybe the retail version will have different packaging? What I find interesting about the box art is hints of other releases. You can see already rumored characters like Duke, Scarlett, Destro and Roadblock and also unannounced ones like Gung Ho, Cobra Commander, Baroness and I think Storm Shadow

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Bout time! This looks great. Yeah, the packaging is a bit bland, and I would rather see them reuse or at least thematically call back to it. But maybe since they did that with the 25th anniversary line, they are opting to go in another direction, and also pull in the Star Wars Black series collectors.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Bout time! This looks great. Yeah, the packaging is a bit bland, and I would rather see them reuse or at least thematically call back to it. But maybe since they did that with the 25th anniversary line, they are opting to go in another direction, and also pull in the Star Wars Black series collectors.

Chris
                  Yeah, the Joe packaging looks like a carbon copy of the SW Black Series...even the new ML packages are bland. Love the throwback Toy Biz cards though.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

I am surprised that they added all of those accessories and yet did not give him a Timber.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                      I am surprised that they added all of those accessories and yet did not give him a Timber.
                      Maybe they are saving Timber for a retail release? Snake Eyes is so popular I'd be surprised if we don't get more versions.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        Maybe they are saving Timber for a retail release? Snake Eyes is so popular I'd be surprised if we don't get more versions.
                        You make an excellent point. I bet you're right.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

I've read Monogram also has the Gi Joe license. No idea what they are releasing. We should learn this weekend.

Walnut, CA – Monogram International Inc., leader in quality and bringing licensed characters to life, is introducing new products at Toy Fair New York 2020. Visit Monogram International Inc. at...
                          Last edited by Werewolf; Feb 19, '20, 3:49 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

It would be awesome if they had some mail-ins with flag points in this line. I LOVED getting all of that cool swag like Hooded Cobra Commander, the V.A.M.P., parachute packs, and the Wolverine.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              It would be awesome if they had some mail-ins with flag points in this line. I LOVED getting all of that cool swag like Hooded Cobra Commander, the V.A.M.P., parachute packs, and the Wolverine.
                              Totally! That was SO much fun.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎