Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Nice pics of the new Captain Action and the basic Cap America and Spidey suits.

Not surprisingly, they look way better with some decent poses. Sleeves look longer on this one too.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Captain_Action.asp
    Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 21, '12, 12:17 PM. Reason: typos
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Robin NY
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 13, 2008

man I was so looking forward to this but those masks look way to big

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

these look really fun to me.

I am very much looking forward to a CA spidey that my son and I can play with.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Well this I can certainly say. Those photos give me a better perspective on the Captain. Sleeves look better tailored here. So that's a plus. The belt isn't hanging off him. And he's posed appropriately which gives me a better idea of how he can look. And we finally got pics of the back side so we can see what the Velcro approach does. No harm in that approach from what I see. I like the Spider-man outfit the best. But what I'm noticing with the hero costumes is a stretching across the shoulders and upper leg area which almost makes the body look a tad too big for them. The reason that is so relevant for me is because I like them to be flexible in posing (especially Spider-man). If the suit is already tight in a straight position, then my options are limited. I love what Marshall Bill did with the Playing Mantis one. The Cap costume fit that one perfectly. Also since the sleeves look way better on Captain Action, what I may do is go ahead and buy the basic figure along with the basic outfits. Now if I knew the Deluxe outfit Steve Rogers and Parker masks worked well on the Mantis head, I would take the dive and get those instead. But I don't know if anyone will be doing that and show photos. That's the last question mark I have. So this is a plus for me. I'm back on board at least to buy the basic set Captain Action figure as well as the costumes. Cool Toy Review took great pics that gave me an entirely different look at the figure. They just made a sell for Round 2. I'm glad!!! I was really bummed over that first pictorial. These make more sense. Thanks SO MUCH for posting Werewolf!
        Last edited by MIB41; Mar 21, '12, 7:06 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, these look MUCH better here. Thanks from me as well.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

We've only got 10 days left in March. Something tells me they're not going to make their release date. All of the sites remain in pre-order status. Entertainment Earth has pushed back their deluxe outfits to April, but the figure is still listed for March. And I'm not going to waste my time going into TRU stores. They probably won't stock their shelves until July.

Comment

• clemso
              Talkative Member
              • Aug 8, 2001

I really like the look of these and I can't wait to see what Thor and Loki look like?

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I freaking love these things! Can't wait to get them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I like the packaging on these. Love the actual vintage artwork on Cap and Spidey. Three Kirby and Romita shots a piece. That's good stuff.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Yeah, who knew that spending a few extra seconds on getting the outfits on right or putting them in a few dynamic poses would make a difference? Lol, I told you guys not to worry too much.

I think they look really good. I think the new Captain Action hits a nice sweet spot of updated mixed with retro charm.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Michael Crawford usually does a nice job with his posing and photos. I will say he seems to have done a disservice to the CA line in his photos. He did however give the line a good review overall.

Maybe it was partially to blame on the dramatic lighting as well. Seems the more "toyetic" a figure is, it looks worse under moody lighting.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

I like these a lot. That Cap has a great Kirby look to it.

And while I know this thought breaks from the concept of the original toy, I really wish they would have gone with removable heads rather than the masks.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

If they had removable heads, it may have infringed on the license of Hasbro, or maybe Hot Toys. The costume angle may have been how Round 2 managed to get the license.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jul 7, 2007

^ What about the duplication of the costumes?

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              ^Michael Crawford usually does a nice job with his posing and photos. I will say he seems to have done a disservice to the CA line in his photos. He did however give the line a good review overall.

Maybe it was partially to blame on the dramatic lighting as well. Seems the more "toyetic" a figure is, it looks worse under moody lighting.

Chris
                              I absolutely agree. MC's first shot was completely horrid (and even got made fun of here). And the other poses seem to lack any thought as far as placing the figure in a favorable light. Then he talked up the Velcro on the back, but never showed a single shot to give the reader a perspective on what that looked like. By the time I got done looking at those shots and reading what seem to be an ambiguous review, I was absolutely turned off by this product. But with Mr. Crawford's reputation, I placed that opinion on the figure. I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎