Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imaginext Batman Ooze Pit it's totally the Horde Slime Pit.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Imaginext Batman Ooze Pit it's totally the Horde Slime Pit.

I still don't get why Mattel just doesn't do an actual Imaginext MOTU line.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, for reals. It's the perfect fantasy subline for Imaginext.

But this...A Lazarus Pit playset!!! That's awesome. You can revive your dead Imaginext figures.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

I do love the Imaginext DC line. I don't have a ton of the figures, just a small collection, but they've made some great characters in between the dozens of Batmans and Jokers. I do wish they'd make a Lois Lane. I believe Supergirl will be coming sometime in the near future. It's a fun little line.

MOTU would be cool too.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Imaginext has had many MOTU nods over the years but never this blatantly obvious before. Remove the two columns on the sides and it IS the Slime pit. All the little sculpting details are there including where Hordak's head sculpt used to be. The shape is the same they just replaced Hordak's head with the Imaginext "I" symbol.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

pretty obvious some fans are in charge there.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

The scale is not bad for DCiH. I assume that because Ra's is packaged with it, it is supposed to represent the Lazarus Pit.

CCC.
            Last edited by LordMudd; May 30, '18, 3:40 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Mary Canary
              Career Member
              • Jun 21, 2017

Too bad it doesn't come with a Sara Lance / White Canary figure instead.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

Probably a bit out of scale, but I bet it would still look great with Super 7's Reaction MOTU line, especially if repainted.

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                  Probably a bit out of scale, but I bet it would still look great with Super 7's Reaction MOTU line, especially if repainted.
                  Exactly what I am thinking.

CCC.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Oh Imaginext, how I love you--I'm still a kid when I see those little figures.

Received a large Amazon order today, since I underspent at MegoMeet:

* Ooze Pit--smallish, but well-detailed and featuring a better Ra's al Ghul
                    *WW film-inspired Ares, Cheetah, and Trevor--nice, and much cheaper than ebay
                    *Aquaman Atlantis playset--yes, the Sea King gets his own playset and it's huge! Attacking kraken, jail, lighted throne with canopy. Includes a lone redecoed Aquaman (which is a bit of a cop-out) but as I would have been happy with a reissued spacestatin/planetscape playset for Atlantis, I was thrilled.

The back of the box features new Black Manta and vehicle, Ocean master and vehicle, and an Atlantean nautilus vehicle which I hope will include Mera, since she was not in the playset.

I kind of want Imaginext to reuse the Power Rangers playset as a Shazam! Rock of Eternity playset.

And YES, We need Imaginext MOTU!!!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LordMudd
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      * Ooze Pit--smallish, but well-detailed and featuring a better Ra's al Ghul
                      *WW film-inspired Ares, Cheetah, and Trevor--nice, and much cheaper than ebay
                      *Aquaman Atlantis playset--yes, the Sea King gets his own playset and it's huge! Attacking kraken, jail, lighted throne with canopy. Includes a lone redecoed Aquaman (which is a bit of a cop-out) but as I would have been happy with a reissued spacestatin/planetscape playset for Atlantis, I was thrilled.

The back of the box features new Black Manta and vehicle, Ocean master and vehicle, and an Atlantean nautilus vehicle which I hope will include Mera, since she was not in the playset.
                      Pics?

CCC.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 21, 2017

71zfGtxjz-L._SX425_.jpg

Here's the upcoming Mera set.

I just ordered the set with Black Canary and Nightwing. Not too keen on the vehicle but I really really wanted Canary. I agree, when I see these figures I am a kid all over again!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Thank you for posting the Mera set.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                            Career Member
                            • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Thank you for posting the Mera set.
                            No problem! I finally got my Black Canary today! And a couple of the new Wave 11 blind bags. One of the figures is the X-Ray man from the old Adventure People line. Total throwback. And another is M.U.S.C.L.E. Men! They're so fun!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I love the blind bags, but I haven't seen wave 11 yet. Distribution here is very spotty.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎