Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holmes and Watson trailer. Wow! Does this look bad.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Holmes and Watson trailer. Wow! Does this look bad.

I'm not anti Ferrell or Reilly or anything just to get that out of the way. But, wowzers, that does not look good. This is, like how did this even get made, bad.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I saw a trailer for it at Bohemian Rhapsody. It looks silly to me, but I’m so out of touch that I honestly have no idea if there is a viable audience for it. For me, it’s a miss, but it may end up making a lot of money. I’ve given up trying to guess when it comes to these type of things.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I like their childish sophomoric humor, they are a good silly team. I love Step Brothers for example, lol.

Having said that...I don’t know if it’s going to work in a Sherlock Holmes movie...probably not...
      sigpic

Comment

• jimbutsu
        Memory *is* RAM!
        • Apr 11, 2002

I'm very excited for this movie. That I'm drawn to a childish/sophomoric farce will strike everyone who knows me as a terrible, terrible shock.
        "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

Haven't seen it but the reviews for it are not as warm as train wrecks or cctv footage of people falling down.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by jimbutsu
            I'm very excited for this movie. That I'm drawn to a childish/sophomoric farce will strike everyone who knows me as a terrible, terrible shock.
            Yeah. Get Hard got slammed by critics, but there is some real funny scenes in that movie. Same people behind Holmes, so I'll see it.

We've actually been watching Ferrel movies throughout the holidays thanks to Elf. Land o/t Lost had some good moments. Bewitched is actually a solid movie, but his part is written too low-key for him. Ferrel's problem, and I think he knows it, is the story can't go into melodrama. Daddy's Home is about as melodramatic as his style can tolerate.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Elf is a classic...
              sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

It's a good thing Basil Rathbone isn't around to see this.

Comment

• knight errant00
                  8 Inch Action Figure
                  • Nov 15, 2005

I think I'm OK with the dumb-guy take on Holmes and Watson -- that could be hilarious. But the anachronism gags (old-timey daguerreotype camera on a selfie-stick, "hey, girl!" rapper dialogue, etc.) just look forced and tedious.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Madcap70
                    Wow! All the hate and this is NOT slapping anyone in the face...Parodies are done all the time why is this different?
                    They coulda called this one "Old Prep School Detectives" with Holmey & Whatson but they're slapping the "Holmes" legacy onto it directly.... so, this is bound to happen.
                    Last edited by huedell; Dec 27, '18, 12:03 PM. Reason: Madcap's post was more contextual to my post
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Madcap70
                      • Dec 4, 2017

Wow! All the hate and this is NOT slapping anyone in the face...Parodies are done all the time why is this different?

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I'm not surprised it got made, these guys have an amazing track record with successful and (i think) funny comedies. I was on board with seeing it in the theatre until I heard that director Adam McKay wasn't involved. Now I'm not so sure.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

I‘ve seen Step Brothers like 20 times...I love that silly movie, lol...
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Hector
                            I‘ve seen Step Brothers like 20 times...I love that silly movie, lol...
                            Watched it this week, some people like Christmas movies, I love silly comedies.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Watched it this week, some people like Christmas movies, I love silly comedies.
                              On my best behavior, I am refraining from posting the lyrics to their music video ---- even a censored version

But that's my favorite part of that fun flick.

The runner-up?

"...I've had the old bull, now I want the young calf,"
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎