X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Boss Fight 1980 Flash Gordon first look

Looks great. Hopefully these are not limited online exclusives.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

It's a really nice looking figure but i already own the BBP ones so I'm not sure I'm terribly motivated to buy this.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I passed on the BBP figures. It irritated me they didn't make Dale in the 3 3/4 scale and the sculpts never really clicked with me. The BF figures will fit right in with my 25th anniversary GiJoes.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

To each their own, I'm probably placated by what I have. I got a sneak peek of the card though and it's really nice.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, that look nice! I like the BBP figures too. I won the Flash/Ming 2-pack in a contest (I honestly don't remember how now, I do believe it was here at the Museum though). They were some of the nicest "retro" figures released during the heyday of that craze a few years back.
          sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

40th Anniversary? Where did the time go?

I still love that movie, though!

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I prefer 5 points and retro sculpts,but I’ll probably still get these. It’s just too bad BBP didn’t get to go deeper with their line. The torso articulation, for example, sort of ruins Flash’s t shirt. But hey, more Flash is a good thing!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

I felt like BBP obviously had a deep love for the property, but somehow produced two lines that basically whiffed on execution. We could never get all the characters and the articulation was average at best in both lines. I think Boss Fight could do some amazing stuff here.

Unfortunately Boss Fight doesn't roll out whole waves, which means it could take them a decade to finish the cast. Not sure I can go along on that ride. I guess it depends on how well they turn out.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I do not have the patience to wait a decade just for the main cast.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I like the sculpt on this better than BBP

This sculpt screams nostalgia while still looking like Jones

The BBP figures had meh Jones sculpts imo

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I threw in the FG towel after BBP didn't choose to do a second, completing wave for their 4" line. Dangit!

I felt that "Clash of the Titans" nerd rage all over again...
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎