• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Jodie Whittaker IS the Thirteenth Doctor

Just announced mere seconds ago! Let the debates begin!!! LOL,,
    Last edited by emeraldknight47; Jul 16, '17, 10:43 AM.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Interesting. Should be interesting, too to see what they do with her companion.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

I, for one, am looking forward to how this alters the dynamics of the show itself. Planet Earth will have to adjust to having a female "President of the World" in times of crisis. And, knowing Chris Chibnall, there may be some far-reaching reasoning as to why the Doctor has regenerated into a woman (but still not a ginger).

So many new things to explore now. I have a feeling this is gonna be good...
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

I confess I'd never heard of her. Just looked up her filmography. Interesting choice.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

I really wanted Missy to return.

What this means for me is I will have to be really careful to avoid the comment sections of Doctor Who articles.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

She was in the crime drama series "Broadchurch", and that show was created by Chris Chibnall. So I guess it all falls into place!
            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

she's the mother on Broadchurch

never thought i'd miss Capaldi as much as I do right this minute

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I'm mixed about it, I mean I won't pretend I'll stop watching and admittedly the character is by and large asexual (Tennent and Pertwee eras excluded) if you read a script.

I just like change for a reason I guess, the show is teeming with strong female characters that often had a bigger spotlight so I didn't personally see a void.

Biggest worry is that JNT was the originator of this concept and I'm not a fan of his era.

Do not know this actor, so I don't really have much to say about her, going in cold which is better than Capaldi.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

No gingers? They're so attractive.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I have nothing against women but if you make Captain Kirk a woman suddenly you have a different unrecognizable show.... same with James Bond etc.

It's like they're going for a different audience but can't place my finger on whom

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mikey
                      I have nothing against women but if you make Captain Kirk a woman suddenly you have a different unrecognizable show.... same with James Bond etc.
                      I don't think those are great comparisons, Kirk and Bond's masculinity are very much a part of their characters. They are ladies men who like to use physical violence.

The Doctor uses his brains to defeat his enemies and especially the last two, haven't been interested in any sort of romance.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

The obligatory bikini pic.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Here's what she sounds like, for anybody who hasn't seen any of her work. She has a mild Yorkshire (Northern England) accent, but whether she'll retain that as the Doctor remains to be seen.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I watched Broadchurch but she didn't stand out to me, mostly because I think, the show had a lot of good performances going on.

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                              What this means for me is I will have to be really careful to avoid the comment sections of Doctor Who articles.
                              That's my everyday routine. Nobody is ever happy about ANYTHING ever.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎