X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Help finding a vintage Lego set

Hey all. After looking online at numerous sites cataloging vintage Lego sets, I thought I'd ask here.

When I was somewhere between 6 and 9, my grandparents gave me a Lego set for Christmas. It was the first Legos I ever had. It was a large set that had mostly red and yellow bricks, and it was one of those sets that advertised building multiple vehicles from it. Mostly large trucks, like a tractor and trailer. I recall REALLY tall yellow doors that I never saw in any other Lego sets. I don't think it came with any mini-figures. It wasn't a Technic set, I don't believe, but somewhere between the standard "Legoland" stuff of the day and the Technic line.

I eventually got other Lego sets, and the pieces from this set mixed in with those. But I had a LOT of red and yellow bricks. I'm pretty sure this was Lego, and not a knock off. Chances are it came from Sears, but I haven't found it in any catalog scans.

This was probably somewhere between 1981-1984 or so.

I just want to see this set again. Any help would be appreciated!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Lego 6692?

or maybe

Lego 8846?
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 7, '18, 6:41 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^No, unfortunately those aren't it. Thanks for looking, though!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

FOUND IT!!!

I decided to look up those large yellow doors I remembered, and Brick Link took me to it:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=722-1#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Cool looking set. I'm glad you were able to find it.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

It was a little beyond me at my age, to be honest, but I had fun building whatever I wanted out of it.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎