X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGOMAN
    Defender of the Megoverse
    • Dec 30, 2008

KISS--Series 2 "Sneak Peek"

Figures Toy Company posted on their web page earlier this picture of Paul Stanley for the upcoming series.

• rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

looks great. Can't wait to see the 8" version.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Coolness. Looking forward to seeing the Sonic Boom and Dressed to kill figures too.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        • Dec 30, 2008

Seeing this has me worried now. If Figures Toy Co. uses the same head molds for all of the classic KISS figures, then the line will most likely die for me!!! They did make other molds for the Sonic Boom figures, but they have to make new molds for each album. Of course the paint apps will be to how KISS put on their make for each album. So if they are planning to do any re-packs with just changing the clothes and the card back, I'm sure that many people will not buy any more of them!

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by MEGOMAN
          Seeing this has me worried now. If Figures Toy Co. uses the same head molds for all of the classic KISS figures, then the line will most likely die for me!!! They did make other molds for the Sonic Boom figures, but they have to make new molds for each album. Of course the paint apps will be to how KISS put on their make for each album. So if they are planning to do any re-packs with just changing the clothes and the card back, I'm sure that many people will not buy any more of them!
          I share your concern to a point. If they don't change the 'make-up' accordingly I think the line will fizzle. On the other hand though the distribution channels for these guys may be a little more forgiving than the 8 inch action figure community,

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

pretty sure they are planning on changing the paint apps, tho I don't think they will use different molds for the classic line-up. There will be different sculpts for the Sonic Boom figures.

It will be interesting to see what they will do if they make a Fox or Wiz figure. Whether there will be a new sculpt under those, or if the paint/makeup will be on these shrunken vintage portraits. I am sure Mego would have reused a sculpt.

Comment

• MEGOMAN
              • Dec 30, 2008

I'm actually ok if they don't do different molds. It would be nice though! I'm right with you guys that the paint apps have to change accordingly.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

I really wish they had gone with more lifelike head sculpts.

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                  I really wish they had gone with more lifelike head sculpts.
                  as reproductions of the original Mego figures, that would not make any sense. However, Figures toys has indicated they are going to have different sculpts for the Sonic Boom series and, from the pics they previewed, they looked much more in line with lifelike facial sculpts of the folks in the modern band.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

I wished they would have gone with the Destroyer costumes in the first or second wave.

Comment

• spaceace35
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 1, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                      pretty sure they are planning on changing the paint apps, tho I don't think they will use different molds for the classic line-up. There will be different sculpts for the Sonic Boom figures.

It will be interesting to see what they will do if they make a Fox or Wiz figure. Whether there will be a new sculpt under those, or if the paint/makeup will be on these shrunken vintage portraits. I am sure Mego would have reused a sculpt.
                      they cant do the wiz or the fox makeup designs
                      Rockin Rebels

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by rche
                        as reproductions of the original Mego figures, that would not make any sense.
                        But these 2nd series figure aren't a reproduction of the '78 originals.

The shrink of the original sculpt came out wonky looking, and it wasn't a very good sculpt to begin with. The paint applications are way off from the originals, especially Ace.

Gene and Peter look the best, but still not that great.

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Sure the wave 2 figures are not repros of the Mego items.

However, they are still marketed as a retro version, and adding the cost of new headsculpts for each wave raises the pricetag on an already expensive license. I don't think they will lose that many sales due to reuse of the sculpts as long as the makeup app is changed.

How many Fonzies were there? Any sculpt change there?
                          Even the Blue Frank and Red Drac had the same sculpt and those should have been altered if they wanted to truly duplicate the original Mego.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by spaceace35
                            they cant do the wiz or the fox makeup designs
                            I guess I am still gonna have to rely on customs for those then.

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

Dig those BOOTS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡