X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Toy-Ventures: Who are the Krazy Kreeps?

This week I share possibly my favourite knock off find of the last few years, meet the Krazy Kreeps, two eight Mego-esque monster figures that look so familiar. I'll explain where we've seen them before, lots of fun surprises and mysteries.Join our FB group Mego Knock Off HQ:https://www.facebook.com/groups/Megoknockoff/Like us on FB:https://www.facebook.com/Plaidstallionsdotcom/

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

<mind blown!> This is pure Kreeptastic goodness… I don't know how you have resisted freeing those from that godawful plastic. What a find!

As for the vest, that looks to be a remnant of a UK Astro Apes Dr. Zorma, which makes this all the more amazing. <Frank-painted-Drac = mind still blown!>
    Last edited by Confessional; Apr 9, '20, 9:06 AM. Reason: …in search of Astro Kreeps!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Confessional
      <mind blown!> This is pure Keeptastic goodness… I don't know how you have resisted freeing those from that godawful plastic. What a find!

As for the vest, that looks to be a remnant of a UK Astro Apes Dr. Zorma, which makes this all the more amazing. <mind still blown!>
      Yeah to be fair I feel a bit silly not recognizing the Astro Apes material after the fact considering a set is less than ten feet away. It is definitely the same materials but the vest doesn't match any of the characters. It looks like leftover material mashed together, the two-toned nature of the vest is perplexing to say the very least.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Ah, maybe it's a mash-up in the way that the Artemus vest is pieced together with inside panels?

Comment

• toyhunter1970
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 24, 2020

i love learning about all these lines never knew existed thank you

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
            Career Member
            • Sep 5, 2005

So cool to see!

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

That's pretty neat. I'm always amazed you keep finding stuff like this. You are like a toy detective. Is there a lot of hunting down vague clues from people's memories or just a lot of happy accidents coming across most of it?
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
                Talkative Member
                • May 11, 2013

WOW you have to wander what head they would have used to do a Dracula figure??
                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡