Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you put a Super Joe head on a Mego body?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 18, 2015

How can you put a Super Joe head on a Mego body?

I'm working on a Super Joe Commander custom and I've ordered a original Super Joe head and torso. I'm going to put it on a CTVT Fist Fighting body and I want to put the head on the body. If I can't put the head on I'll just make a mold of it and add a mego neck plug on the molded head.
    Last edited by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip; Jul 14, '15, 4:26 PM.
    The hands that grip.
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

No, there is no plug on the Super Joe head. It is like a smaller version of the GI Joe muscle body. The Super Joe torso has a neck and the head moves on the rounded end of the neck. Hope that makes sense?

Comment

Veteran Member
      • Jun 18, 2015

No neck plug?

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
      No, there is no plug on the Super Joe head. It is like a smaller version of the GI Joe muscle body. The Super Joe torso has a neck and the head moves on the rounded end of the neck. Hope that makes sense?
      Yes, It does. Okay, I guess maybe I'll just use the instructions for converting plugless heads found here:
      http://www.megomuseum.com/custom/pluglessnecks.shtml
      Thanks, but how do I knock Joe's block off?
      The hands that grip.

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

My brother when he made my custom Darkon, we had a LOT of bearded action jackson heads that we cut the plugs off of and turned upside down,
        and shoved up in to the hole of the SuperJoeNeck, using a dremel and the sanding barrel attachment to open the hole up on the
        SuperJoe neck to get the plug to fit. It helps if the neck plugs you are "stealing" from the OEM megos are long on the plug.
        That way when you turn them upside down to shove it will give you a decent plug. We used OEM AJ's, Wizard of oz Lions and Tin Men
        are good to use also.

Just saw the post by NewGIJoe, those instructions are dead on! We used a bit of hot glue on ours to make it stay.

SuperJoe Heads pop off the neck plug pretty easy IIRC. If not, our go to for any "hard heads" was a flat eye glasses screw driver
        that you work in and around the head to get it off the stem / hole, kinda like how you remove a flat tire off of a tire rim...
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

Veteran Member
          • Jun 18, 2015

Update

We just thought of a new way to put to put a Super Joe head on a Mego body. Enter: THE SUPER JOE HEAD ADAPTER! It will basically be a Super Joe neck plug which is on top of a Mego neck plug.
          Last edited by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip; Aug 16, '15, 5:53 PM. Reason: Unfortunately, we cannot make more than 1.
          The hands that grip.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎