Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masters of the Universe Origins series 3 comparison pictures.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Masters of the Universe Origins series 3 comparison pictures.

Vintage, commemorative and Origins.

panthor2.JPG

Not surprisingly, Origins Panthor shares the same mold as Origins Battle Cat. A flocked Panthor is coming later this year as a Walmart exclusive.
    Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 14, '21, 10:19 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Skeletor is happy.

panthor.JPG

Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 14, '21, 8:56 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

I found MOTU at Target tonight i got a battle armor he-man

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^I found BA He-Man & Skeletor! They are awesome!!!!
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Congrats everyone.

I've been relieved to hear how much easier these have been to get since the line is no longer exclusive to Walmart.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Don't get carried away WW, I've not seen wave 2 or 3--yet.

When does flocked Wally Panthor hit?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne

When does flocked Wally Panthor hit?
              I don't think there is an official release date yet. Just a vague sometime this year for both the Walmart exclusive flocked Panthor and the Target exclusive Keldor and Kronis two pack.

I forgot to mention Screeech is on the Panthor box art so there's probably a good chance we'll get both Screeech and Zoar in Origins.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

Panthor looks so naked to me without flocking.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Mer-Man

Vintage 12 back, commemorative and Origins.

muomerman.JPG

The commemorative and Origins Merman have the painted green belt of the 8 back Merman. I always liked Mer-Man. One of my favs of Skeletor's minions. A fun character in the cartoon and great looking toy. A simple but effect use of parts that works very well and the new brighter colors really pop.
                  Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 15, '21, 2:05 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Roboto vintage and Origins. There wasn't a commemorative Roboto.

muoroboto.JPG

Series 3 of Origins marks the return of action features. Roboto has the same gear and jaw moving action feature of the vintage figure. The Origins Roboto does lack the green and orange gears you can see through the back of the figure and the semi hidden red plastic heart of the vintage figure. A little trivia on the vintage Roboto figure, the red dye used in the plastic of his legs, over time, has bleed into the silver paint on his legs turning it pink. Mine's not too bad.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Zodac vintage, commemorative and Origins.

muozodac.JPG

The commemorative figure is more of a reddish brown in comparison to the original and the Origins figure is the usual brighter color.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Do you ever get the feeling you keep buying the same figures over and over again!?

Thanks again for the pics. I love all these comparison shots, and it is a neat glimpse into your collection.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Battle Armor He-Man vintage, commemorative and Origins.

muobahm.JPG

The battle damage action feature works the same as the original figure. The spinning drum is narrower, however, which I imagine is due to how the arms attach on the Origins figures. The lightning bolt effects part, for the sword, is a little heavy and hard to balance. The additional vintage style head is a perfect color match for the series 1 He-Man, if you want to give him more of a retro look.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by sprytel
                            Do you ever get the feeling you keep buying the same figures over and over again!?
                            Ha, yeah! It's fun! I'm a little weird that way I guess.

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

She-Ra vintage, 35th anniversary and Origins.

Biggest differences between the 35th and Origins is the head sculpt and rooted hair versus molded hair. The accessories are also a slightly different shade and the Origins figure doesn't come with the comb axe. As I mentioned the 35th anniversary review th new figures do not have the inset rhinestones of the vintage figures. They are just painted on. The new She-Ra figures also sit better on Swift Wind than the vintage one due to the improved articulation.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Werewolf; Jan 20, '21, 6:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎