X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

The Commodore 64 returns as the C64 mini

You can even plug in a full size keyboard.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

This. Is. Awesome!

Comment

• Figuremod73
      That 80's guy
      • Jul 27, 2011

Wait for this. Theres going to be a full sized version with fully functional keyboard. Yes, you WILL be able to add games and applications to it as well. I just wish it had some type of printer support.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by Figuremod73
        Wait for this. Theres going to be a full sized version with fully functional keyboard. Yes, you WILL be able to add games and applications to it as well. I just wish it had some type of printer support.
        Oh thanks for the heads up! And if I can play Bruce Lee, Space Taxi, Impossible Mission and Archon on it, I will be a happy boy!

Comment

• spockoda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 14, 2018

I still have my Dad's original Commodore 64, don't play it anymore but I have a working disk drive and a few games. Neat to see this, although I don't know how it will go over.

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Figuremod73
            Are the same folks making the full-size one? As jazzed as I am for a mini, I'd much rather have a fill sized version, were it available.

Comment

• Figuremod73
              That 80's guy
              • Jul 27, 2011

Originally posted by Makernaut
              Are the same folks making the full-size one? As jazzed as I am for a mini, I'd much rather have a fill sized version, were it available.
              Yes. When I ask on facebook, their response is always "ASAP" for a fullsized version release. I guess that means sometimes this year.

I'm fine with C-64 emulation but for some things you just can't beat that old keyboard configuration. Playing around in BASIC would certainly be a lot easier.

From what I understand, games and application will be accessible thru a usb link.
              Last edited by Figuremod73; Feb 10, '18, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Reviews are up on YouTube.

Comment

• Makernaut
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 22, 2015

Ideally, I'd like to score an old C-64, pop open a bag of Corn Quistos and a can of Jolt Cola, fire up some New Wave Music and "go to town". However, I'll probably get one of these, pull up some New Wave on Pandora and still go to bed on time.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎