X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mister Rogers toys by Ideal

I wasn't much of a Mr Rogers viewer (more of a Mr. Dressup man) but these toys are all kinds of awesome. I really love the attention to detail on them.

We have a PodCast! It's fun, please listen.

Check out our Instagram for more stuff like this blog.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I was genuinely scared to sleep in the same room as Lady Elaine. I used to stare at that freaky puppet in the dim twilight of my bedroom until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

...I can only assume if I didn't, it would have gotten me while I slept and I would have become like that possessed-looking kid in the ad.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Get out of my head lol! I was just looking at these on ebay. I'm a big fan.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• HardyGirl
        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
        • Apr 3, 2007

I would have begged for these had I known they existed, (BTW, when did these come out?) And who's Mr. Dressup?
        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

They came out in '77, I believe. I was too old for them then, but I recall really wanting to ask for X the Owl.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• toothaction
            Career Member
            • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by HardyGirl
            ... And who's Mr. Dressup?
            A Canadian national treasure, that's who!

On the air for nearly 30 years, from '67-'96.
            >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

OMG! I haven't thought about Mr. Dressup in years, no, make that decades! I grew up in Michigan across the border from Canada, so we picked up a lot of Canadian channels! I actually liked his show more than Mr. Rogers. I watched the video link you provided, and it brought back a lot of memories I had forgotten years ago! Thanks! I started humming along the theme song even and knew how it went. It's a weird feeling seeing this again after all these years.

Comment

• RonnyG
                Career Member
                • Apr 23, 2014

It's strange, but at the time I didn't realize how similar Mr. Rogers, and Mr. Dressup were, but watching it now, I can see the similarities. Mr. Dressup has the same calm soothing voice like Mr. Rogers. I should try playing this at bed time to help me fall asleep faster.

Comment

• RonnyG
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 23, 2014

The Friendly Giant is another Canadian kid's show I remember watching.
                  00-Friendly_Giant-Gerome-Rusty.jpg

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Ah yes, I remember Mr. Dressup well. Casey, Finnegan, Alligator Al.
                    Also remember The Friendly Giant... with Rusty and Jerome.
                    And of course... Uncle Bobby... and Bimbo the Birthday Clown.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Big Mister Rogers fan during my pre-school years, but I was always confused by Lady Elaine. Was she an ugly old woman...or an ugly old man? The name never stuck in my head, just the visual.

Either way, Lady Elaine obviously liked booze. Look at that nose!

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by RonnyG
                        It's strange, but at the time I didn't realize how similar Mr. Rogers, and Mr. Dressup were, but watching it now, I can see the similarities. Mr. Dressup has the same calm soothing voice like Mr. Rogers. I should try playing this at bed time to help me fall asleep faster.
                        Mr Rogers was Yoda to Mr Dressup's Skywalker. True story!
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by RonnyG
                          The Friendly Giant is another Canadian kid's show I remember watching.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]23941[/ATTACH]
                          Rusty and Gerome were on display for years at the CBC Museum. What irritates me a little is I found out after Bob Homme died that a) He lived close to me and b) HE LOVED IT WHEN PEOPLE VISITED. AGGGHHHH!
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MysteryWho
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 16, 2008

We had some solid children's entertainment up here, and I would have visited Bob too if I had known he'd be okay with it. Bimbo, on the other hand, is a little scary in retrospect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moVmHzcawvw

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

We had a Mr. Rogers exhibit come to our Strong Museum of Play here in Rochester. It was awesome. They sold wooden trolley cars, repro puppets, Mr. McFeely's children's book. My daughter was the right age, and we bought a ton. Unfortunately, that was years ago, and I don't think much of it survived.

I got to meet Mr. McFeely at a Con in Niagara Falls a few years later. He was in costume, and had no one at his booth, so me and my brother had an awesome chat with him about Michael Keaton's start on the show, and his collaboration with George Romero's crew.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎