X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

WILL THIS WORK? Custom 12 inch Clark Kent Project

I was pondering on making a 12 inch Mego Clark Kent with the 12 inch Mego Christopher Reeve head Superman. This idea came to mind when Figures Toy Company made a 12 inch Clark Kent. I figured all I would need would be the 12 inch Superman head and body (minus the super suit) and the clothes, glasses and hat from the FTC Clark figure. Otherwise, the only problem I would for see would be finding the right kind of glasses for the 12 inch figure. I would love to see if it's possible to make a Christopher Reeve Clark Kent figure in 12 inch form. Any suggestions? Or has anybody ever made this custom before?
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
    I was pondering on making a 12 inch Mego Clark Kent with the 12 inch Mego Christopher Reeve head Superman. This idea came to mind when Figures Toy Company made a 12 inch Clark Kent. I figured all I would need would be the 12 inch Superman head and body (minus the super suit) and the clothes, glasses and hat from the FTC Clark figure. Otherwise, the only problem I would for see would be finding the right kind of glasses for the 12 inch figure. I would love to see if it's possible to make a Christopher Reeve Clark Kent figure in 12 inch form. Any suggestions? Or has anybody ever made this custom before?
    More than likely all you need is the Mego head from Mego. The body Superman came on is commonly the "muscle" body, and FTC uses the "skinny" body. I doubt the FTC clothes will fit the muscle body. So get a Reeve Mego head and an FTC figure and swap the heads is what I'm saying. If the glasses or hat don't work you can look at other sources. I probably have a spare head that you can at least experiment with, if not a keeper.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
      Often invisible
      • Jul 18, 2002

His hair covers his ears so it might take some work to get the glasses to stay in place.
      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• aceclone
        • Sep 3, 2013

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
        His hair covers his ears so it might take some work to get the glasses to stay in place.
        I was thinking about that factor. Maybe use an exacto or some other sharp precision blade and cut 2 small slits into the hairline (where the glasses would go) and feed the arm of the glasses into the head? Or if you don't want to slice into his melon, trim the arms and glue them to his head.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
          Permanent Member
          • Jun 29, 2018

I would check out the Harry Potters currently at Walmart for the glasses. The round lenses seem very close to the glasses he wore in the movie.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎