X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Extremely Loose Limbs

I've got a problem and was wondering if anyone else has it? One of my favorite figures is the 8 inch Robin the Teen Wonder. I got two of them, one of which I placed on my Red Robin Cycle and the other on the Bat Shelf. Both figures seem to have extremely loose limbs. The figures haven't broken, but it makes them hard to pose either standing up or riding on the cycle. I am sorely tempted to remove the head and costume, but a Dr. Mego body and green oven mitts and place the head and costume on a Dr. Mego body. Has anybody else had any loose limb problems with any of their FTC figures? Inquiring mind wants to know.
  • 74SpaceAce
    • Sep 25, 2020

Many of the FTC figures/bodies I've got in the last six months have been loose limbed, and the First Appearance Robin was so loose it was virtually useless.
    I'm so tired of going back and forth with them, I've resorted to using the superglue method of tightening up loose limbs. It does help, but of course you have to be very careful.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Given the title, I thought for sure this was a thread about Brick Mantooth's escapades.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

The slim body that the Robin Teen Wonder comes on is pretty bad. The first one I bought had loose limbs, but it wasn't too bad and I have it posed on my shelf (although I cannot recall if he is assisted by a LaserMego stand). Then I bought the two pack with 1st Appearance Robin and another Teen Robin... blech! The limbs were so loose that the figure was useless. And I don't think anyone has found a way to fix these bodies.

The problem with a swap is that FTC made the clothes fit the slim body, so they don't fit a regular Mego body. All you are left with is a useless body, clothes that don't fit other bodies, and nice head sculpt and plastic accessories (gloves, shoes and belt). If that body was even decent, it would have been great for updating the original Teen Titans line-up.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Hello. Is this the figure you're talking about that has the plug-in gloves?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I thought he was on a teen body?
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
              The Man of Many Voices
              • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
              Hello. Is this the figure you're talking about that has the plug-in gloves?

http://figurestoycompany.com/batmanr...1-1-3-1-1.aspx
              Yes it is.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

In the FTC pics it sure looks like it is

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                  Yes it is.
                  Okay cool. Trying to diagnose here because I found some easy fixes for much of this stuff. When you say loose, do you mean the arms tend to spring outward so they won't hold any pose or are they to the figure's side and just floppy?

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                    The Man of Many Voices
                    • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    Actually, the Teen Wonder version of Robin was released on a small teen body as part of the Teen Titans. And on that figure, the head is really big. But eventually, they released the Teen Wonder version of Robin was finally released on an 8 inch body. And it's this figure I would like to transfer to a Dr. Mego body.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                      The Man of Many Voices
                      • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
                      Okay cool. Trying to diagnose here because I found some easy fixes for much of this stuff. When you say loose, do you mean the arms tend to spring outward so they won't hold any pose or are they to the figure's side and just floppy?
                      Item B. The arms and legs are just floppy. When trying to stand him up, he likes to bend forward and it was a struggle to pose him on the Bat Cycle

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                        Item B. The arms and legs are just floppy. When trying to stand him up, he likes to bend forward and it was a struggle to pose him on the Bat Cycle
                        This one is more design defect than a one-two fix like others. On this particular figure decided to move him to a Mego body because the casting holes in his calves were not to my liking. I unhooked the arms from that body and attached them to the Mego version so the gloves would remain compatible. Like you, this is my favorite rendition of Robin so I wanted him firing on all cylinders. You can tighten the limbs on the original body without that fix by turning the torso clockwise one complete turn but its not really a fix so much as a go between until you switch bodies. But I recommend just taking the arms out and hooking them on a Mego body. That gives you the perfect version you probably want.
                        Last edited by MIB41; Dec 18, '20, 6:58 AM.

Comment

• rayray
                          • May 21, 2013

Ok, soI just returned a Teen Wonder Robin I’d bought from FTC, requesting a tighter-limbed version, and received a replacememt that seems to have exactly the same issues that prompted my initial return. (Loose limbs, inability to be posed or stand, everything that’s already been mentioned in this thread.) What should my next step be? Return it for a refund? Restring it or swap the head onto a Dr Mego body? Not sure what makes sense as the Teen Wonder figure appears to be smaller than the standard FTC or Dr Mego body... Any advice welcomed!

Ray
                          Last edited by rayray; Jan 22, '21, 8:12 PM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎