X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powersthatbe
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 27, 2010

10 new start wars series coming to disney plus

Ahoska, The Bad Batch, A Droid Story, Visions, Lando, Obi Wan, Sorry I forget the rest. exciting times for tv
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

That's too many. I'm afraid that Disney will do what they always do anymore, flood the market with too much. It's exciting to see but after a short while everyone gets tired of seeing nothing but that. Disney will push popular products to exhaustion and then after a few years, shelf it for a decade, only to be reintroduced to the next generation. I would rather see 2-3 new series.
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, 10 different Star Wars shows is overkill.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I'm not worried about them flooding the market. These are series with +/- a dozen episodes, coming out at various times spaced over the next couple years. The "Chicago Hope/Fire/PD cinematic universe" puts out more episodes.

Granted, what they put out may still be terrible... but that is an entirely different matter.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I would say "The Bad Batch" is the ten shows they are planning on making.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Info comes from Comicbook.com:

Star Wars: Ranges of the New Republic announced for Disney+
            Announced today at The Walt Disney Company's Investor Day, a new spinoff is being developed from The Mandalorian, titled "Rangers of the New Republic." It's currently unknown who, or what, the series will be focusing on, but with Gina Carano's Cara Dune being rumored to earn her own spinoff series, it sounds like this could be that project.

Ahsoka Tano spinoff series announced for Disney+
            Weeks after debuting in live-action, Ahsoka Tano is getting her own series. Thursday afternoon at Disney's annual Investor Day presentation, Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy revealed Rosario Dawson's take on the character is getting her own series for Disney+. Though the producer didn't get into specifics, she confirmed Dawson would return and the series is actively being developed by The Mandalorian producers Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni.

Star Wars: Andor first look revealed
            Two years after announcing that a Star Wars series centered around Cassian Andor was announced to be in development, an official title and first look at the upcoming series -- as well as other details -- were announced Thursday afternoon during Disney's annual Investor Day presentation. During the presentation, Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy revealed that Andor, starring Diego Luna in the role of Cassian Andor from Rogue One: A Star Wars story is headed to Disney+ in 2022 -- and shared a first look at the eagerly anticipated series.

Obi-Wan series
            Hayden Christensen returns as Darth Vader, joining Ewan McGregor in OBI-WAN KENOBI. The Original Series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Revenge of the Sith, and is coming to #DisneyPlus.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch animated series trailer released
            Disney+ released the first look at Star Wars: The Bad Batch, a new animated series coming to the streaming service that spins out of the final season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The series will debut in 2021. According to a press release, "The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army -- each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose."

Star Wars Vision:
            Star Wars: Visions, an Original Series of animated short films, celebrates the @StarWars galaxy through the lens of the world’s best Japanese anime creators. Coming in 2021 to @DisneyPlus.

Star Wars: Lando event series announced
            As part of Lucasfilm's section of the Disney Investor Day presentations, the home of Star Wars announced a whole host of new shows and stories in development for the Disney+ streaming service and among them a Lando show! Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced Star Wars: Lando during the event, confirming that it will be a "brand-new event series" featuring the galaxy’s favorite scoundrel. Dear White People creator Justin Simien has been tapped to develop the story which is in early development now. Curiously absent from the announcement however was who will be playing the character in the show, with no mention of Donald Glover or Billy D. Williams.

Star Wars: The Acolyte series details announced
            New details for the new Star Wars series from Russan Doll creator Leslye Headland were announced during the presentation. During the Investor Day presentation, fans got to learn the official title surrounding the series - Star Wars: The Acolyte. The presentation also revealed that The Acolyte will be set in the final days of the High Republic era, a timeline that is set to be explored in Star Wars' publishing initiative early next year.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Operation:Mego
              I'm the Star Spangled Man
              • May 21, 2011

sigpic
              The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                I'm the Star Spangled Man
                • May 21, 2011

sigpic
                The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

It will be interesting. Star Wars is the kind of story that doesn’t easily allow for expansion the way Star Trek does. So far, The Mandalorian is the most successful and feels like a companion piece to the OT.

The prequels, the sequels, etc. are all like adding raisins to potato salad. Stray too far from the OT and it just doesn’t work anymore.

I give The Mandalorian all the respect in the world. They got a bunch of cynical Ewok hating, Jar-Jar hating, Rey hating, old fans to love a baby Yoda!
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Not 10 series. Rogue Squadron will be a movie. Patty Jenkins will be the director.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 27, 2010

well I don't think they will all arrive at once, over a span of a few years. This and the marvel news were welcome with such a horrible year people are aching to be entertained. also Hayden Christenson is added to Obi Wan which takes place ten years after revenge of the sith. Currently I'm trying to get disney plus and hbo max.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I thought Headland and Kennedy were being pushed out the door
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

I'd like to know who was eagerly anticipating a Cassian Andor series. Spoiler alert - he does adventurous things then gets vaporized. I love Mandalorian so far, but part of its appeal to me is at least there's a possibility that it will run parallel to the postquels and then move beyond them. I'm about as interested in Andor as I am a Poe Dameron or Finn Trooper series. It's too much for me, and I'm a mark for just about everything except for Last Jedi and most of Rise of Skywalker.

I have varying degrees of excitement for everything else. I love Ewan Kenobi, but I can't see how they'll do compelling stories with a ten year old Luke, Obi-wan, R2-D2, and Vader and not contradict the dialogue in a New Hope. I'll watch to find out, but I don't know how they'll pull it off.

Comment

• drquest
                            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                            • Apr 17, 2012

I will say this about the Cassian series, I liked the character for the most part, and you are right, we have already seen his end game, but if they can make this gritty and period looking like they did with Rogue One I'm looking forward to it.
                            Danny(Drquest)
                            Captain Action HQ
                            Retro shirts and stuff
                            More retro shirts
                            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
                              I will say this about the Cassian series, I liked the character for the most part, and you are right, we have already seen his end game, but if they can make this gritty and period looking like they did with Rogue One I'm looking forward to it.
                              If I hear good things I'm sure I'll get sucked-in, but it's not a place I would have gone.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎