Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sadly, Type3Toys will have to cancel MM This Year.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

Sadly, Type3Toys will have to cancel MM This Year.

As many of you know, I contacted covid 19 and was extremely sick. Today, 30 days later I am feeling better. But due to the NJ shut down, being out of work from mid March till June at the earliest, I will be unavailable to attend megomeet this year. After discussing this at length with my wife, between fear of being reinfected and not being able to afford the trip, I will need to be here working if at all possible. I have not received a stimulus check nor am I eligible for unemployment at this time. I'm sorry.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net
  • ToyTalk
    Career Member
    • Mar 25, 2020

That is completely understandable. I'm just happy you pulled through the infection. I've already had some coworkers who had the virus, sink right back into it again by not resting for long enough. This is no joke. I truly want to go to the megomeet and I live in Columbus but I'm thinking of staying home myself.
    Looking for FTC figures from 5-10 years ago

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Keeping yourself safe is the MOST important thing John. We've talked about it Also having Covid 19 myself...even if it was postponed I probably would not attend because there is no guarantee that I can't get this again. It really is the worst 4+ weeks of your life. I can second what John has gone through.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

John, your priorities are right where they should be. Be well, stay well.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Perfectly understandable

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

Not to sound like an idiot, but is it possible to postpone megomeet until later in the year like around the fall (October)? maybe by that time things will be back to normal.
            Last edited by TrekStar; Apr 28, '20, 9:18 PM.

Comment

• noelani72
              27inaleon
              • Jun 25, 2002

No apologies bro - you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm just thankful you're alright after all this mess. Hang in there buddy.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 29, 2018

yea and the airlines are making noises about jacking up the prices of airfare to cover the costs of the empty seats they would need for distancing. who woulda thought that sardine can packing of passengers was ever a bad idea?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Totally understood. As someone with family members with a compromised immune system, even if the Meet goes on as planned, I don't know if I will personally feel comfortable taking the risk of getting in a large gathering of people, and potentially bringing the virus home. Other's mileage may vary, but as much as I love the camaraderie, and the toys, it's honestly not worth the risk, to me.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Flynne
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 22, 2003

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                    I'm sorry.
                    Dude! You've got to take care of you and yours. No apology is ever necessary for that. Here's to hoping you get some much needed money coming in soon.
                    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

you made the right choice. I saw on FB that someone had called the hotel to make reservation and the hotel told them MM was cancelled/postponed. I haven't seen an official announcement on that but we all figured it was coming

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                        you made the right choice. I saw on FB that someone had called the hotel to make reservation and the hotel told them MM was cancelled/postponed. I haven't seen an official announcement on that but we all figured it was coming
                        Yeah, so I was putting the finishing touches on the newsletter around 2am and my Facebook lit up. I left a message with the hotel yesterday afternoon after I heard Ohio's stay at home order was going to be extended again. The entire hotel sales staff is furloughed and the GM is working the 11pm-7am shift as MOD, so I didn't expect to hear back from him until possibly next week. I intended to make an announcement after discussing potential rescheduling dates. Well, wouldn't you know it, someone called the hotel sometime after 11pm and the GM had already updated our status 'postponed/cancelled' and that caller outed me on Ambassadors before I knew what hit me. This is not how I wanted the news to break.

That being said, no one is more disappointed than I am. June in Ohio looks like gatherings limited to ten, and even if that weren't the case I would have serious reservations pulling people from all over the country together and holding an event in a confined space. We have a lot of members, myself included, who have preexisting conditions and I don't want anyone to get the covid cooties at a MM function. Factor in that travel from Canada isn't happening, and there just really isn't any choice. I'll have an announcement next week and refunds will go out shortly for registration and tables.

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Both of us were both quite upset to have read that this morning when Steve was still in discussion mode and hadn't even heard back.

I won't lie, this year Megomeet has been stressful and problematic to our overall mental well being for reasons I won't go into again. Please understand that this is crushing both spiritually and financially right now and all decisions will be made after careful deliberation.

Any empathy you can throw Steve's way this time would be appreciated, he worked like a machine.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• cjefferys
                            Duke of Gloat
                            • Apr 23, 2006

Really sorry to hear about this guys, but unfortunately it is completely understandable. It sucks that notification of the cancellation had to come out publicly that way though, but that part was completely out of your hands of course (wish the person that called the hotel handled their knowledge differently though). As always, thanks to both of you for all your hard work, so sorry that it had to be in vain this year.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by cjefferys
                              Really sorry to hear about this guys, but unfortunately it is completely understandable. It sucks that notification of the cancellation had to come out publicly that way though, but that part was completely out of your hands of course (wish the person that called the hotel handled their knowledge differently though). As always, thanks to both of you for all your hard work, so sorry that it had to be in vain this year.
                              this, exactly.
                              Steve does such a bang up job every year with MM. Having difficulties early this year, and then a worldwide catastrophy - just wow. Lesser folks would have hung up the towel long ago. That you are still in the trenches trying to figure out options for our collecting community is just awesome. I can't speak for everyone in out community of course, but I definitely appreciate all the efforts to figure out what to do with this in the face of the global uncertainty that surrounds us right now. It is totally understandable that Mego Meet will have to change somehow; be it postponing, going virtual, or just holding on 'til next year. My thanks to everyone behind the scenes for continuing to keep this place going and bringing us a place to get together and chat about things that remind us of joy in life.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎