X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

2020 Collecting Goals

What are your 2020 Mego collecting goals? Personally I'd like to find one of the packaged Apes I'm missing, of course, that's subject to the whims of fate but i remain optimistic, let me know yours!
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Since I only buy vintage toys in person and not online, a lot depends on the whims of fate and what I encounter in the wild when visiting shops or antique malls or doing toy shows and what my buying budget is at that particular time. As far as Mego goes, I'd like to find one or more loose Flash Gordon figures in decent shape-I got a Zharkov last year and would like to find Flash, Dale and/or Ming. A decent loose Conan would also be a plus. And I am always looking to add to my Micronauts collection, in particular a complete or near complete Baron Karza.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

As far as vintage Mego goes I would like to add to my boxed WGSH and carded POTA and Trek. As you guys already stated that depends on what I encounter throughout the year. As far as modern Mego and Mego like figures just keep up with the lines I collect as they are released. I still have a handful of BBP figures I need to complete my sets and several FTC gaps I need to fill in. Hopefully by the end of 2020 I will be caught up.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

As always, vintage Dick Grayson SI trousers.

I'll continue to watch for more Mego 12" heroes, too--Superman, Spidey, Captain America, & Hulk. And an 8" Penguin upgrade.

A Lincoln Phantom of the Opera would be a nice grail catch, and I'm always looking for Big Jim.

New lines: Mego Corp. and MOTU Origins
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Palifan
          Museum Patron
          • Jan 18, 2016

Well I managed to complete a couple of my runs last year with my Famous monsters of legend and AHI Monsters pickups (even though I don't have The Creature but it's not one i was looking for due to cost), so other than the 9" Remo Wolf man I think I'm all good with what I have. I do need to find a right foot and shoe for my Tomland Fly figure (still very happy with the rest of him that i do have), and there are a couple of the Tomland 3.75" that I'll keep my eye out for but it ended up being a good year for me last year.

I'll still be getting the odd Distinctive Dummies release that excite me (most of them do to be honest), and of course the new Mego Monster line but I think it will be a quieter year for me. It's still nice to have a few things to look out for though.

Ian

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

New Mego Monsters and more Adventures of GI Joe 69 line for me
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I don't know if it's age, or life or what, but I've reached the point where it's time to start selling off some stuff. I have NEVER sold a darn thing in my collection; a bit of a hoarder in that regard, but I try to limit my collection to one bedroom and space has become a BIG issue.

And with this magnificent era of remego's I find myself rebuying the same characters over and over as they come out and later thinking I don't need FOUR versions of Shazam or Kirk or Freddy.

I think 2020 will see me at least attempt to thin it down a tad. I'm not talking a ton, but really asking the hard question if I really want this in my collection. Selling may seem second nature to many of you but it's not a comfortable zone for me.

You may see my marketplace debut in 2020.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
                Youngest Mego Fan
                • Aug 30, 2019

More FTC figures and maybe a Mego Falcon. That will probably be the only time I branch into the actual Mego figures.
                FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

Add more Popy figures. I want Kamen Rider in my collection. And possibly Ultraman.

World Heroes and TV heroes are my goal.

I also want the Popy Spider Man car.
                  Last edited by B-Lister; Jan 3, '20, 6:15 PM.
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                    Career Member
                    • Sep 5, 2005

Still after a Creature squirt gun, still after Irwin carded Remco mini-Monsters.

Edit: Just realized you specified Mego goals, and I have a few: catch up on last years monsters (L2P was already out of the current wave when we committed and I sure can’t find them in stores!), make it to Mego Meet, meet Marty and crew at this year’s Toylanta in March!
                    Last edited by darkmonkeygod; Jan 1, '20, 10:01 PM. Reason: Oh, MEGO goals!

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

MIB Mad Monsters Dracula and Wolfman Type 1 bodies and no eye melt.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

loose complete Removable cowl Batman and Green Arrow.
                        CAH Penguin.
                        Carded Twiki
                        An AJ outfit.

Comment

• TrekStar
                          Trek or Treat
                          • Jan 20, 2011

Not sure, I'm happy with my Mego Star Trek collection, although I would like to pick up some WGSH
                          that I don't have, starting with Green Arrow.

Comment

• alex
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jun 15, 2009

Was quite lucky last year, finished of most lines. I think Ill give the Cipsa apes a bash, as I dont have any. Would love a Amigo Aj. As far as playsets go, still on the hunt for my grail of a Lost continent, and fancy a Fonzie boxed bike. Oh and still on the prowl for a decent Sailback and Rhino.

Comment

• VulcansFury
                              Museum Patron
                              • Mar 6, 2014

Customize more. And continue to support reMego of course.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎