Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plastic Memorial's interview with FTC. Lots of stuff coming...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

Plastic Memorial's interview with FTC. Lots of stuff coming...

This has been out for a week, and nobody saw this? Scott Beatty spoke with Anthony Balasco of FTC and got gobs of info and hints of upcoming releases. Won't spoil it here, read it:

HERE!
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Great interview with some exciting hints. That guy is a man of few words,eh? He doesn't waste any words. Thanks for posting this.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• rodkeith
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 16, 2008

^ Yeah, it kinda felt like Scott literally caught him going out the door on the way to his vacation.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

It's kind of like talking to a Magic 8-Ball,isn't it?

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

A man of few words and even fewer answers, that Mr. Balasco...

Comment

• mego maniac mark
            Career Member
            • Aug 3, 2010

Thanks for posting. He was on vacation last week when I visited,
            I was sorry to miss him but happy for him to be on a break.
            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
              It's kind of like talking to a Magic 8-Ball,isn't it?
              lol At least Grodd was confirmed. That's wonderful.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Idea was nice, but this was akin to the old Ask Matty things where the answers were vague and not particularly insightful. Instead of asking about specific characters which they probably can't announce, I wish there had been some discussion on the litany of problems with figures that never seem to be addressed. From giving figures that need pants, short poorly fitting leggings, to ridiculous oversized heads, etc. I know they're aware of some of this stuff, but at the same time it'd be nice to hear what they think of that and if they actually ever plan to address some of it.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Man-Bat. Man-Bat. Man-bat!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Hawkman and Man-Bat worry me.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                      Radioactive!
                      • Feb 13, 2010

Yeah, I can imagine how they might go wrong with the wings or the heads being gigantic, but MAN-BAT, Pengy, MAN-BAT!

Comment

• jeffbearco
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 27, 2011

So, the only news on Wonder Woman is that we won't see a version based on the TV show. No mention of Wonder Woman wave 1 at all.

I would still love to see them do colored versions of the Arrow Car. A white one would be generic enough to add foam core wings for a WW Jet.

Adding arms to a blue one would make an acceptable Supermobile.

GL Corps is something to look forward to at least. A Hal Jordan figure would be cool too!

I'm still surprised that we haven't seen a Captain Marvel in red and gold to go with CM Jr and Mary.

There is always that fear that Hawkman and ManBat will have heads like Mardi Gras characters. *eye roll*

Zatanna and Black Carary could be awesome! I'd be happy with both having a repainted IG head.

Lots to look forward to. We shall see.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• ovenmitt
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 26, 2009

FTC just replied to my email and said they will post Wonder Woman pics when FTC has a firm date.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 27, 2011

There does seem to be a LOT of interest in a good Neal Adams-ish version of Wonder Woman. I'm eager to see it! If the head looks as good as the recent Catwoman, it should sell well!

They have shown that they can do a solid WW costume as well with the Super Friends line. I even liked the Super Friends WW head. If they do well, I'd love to see a "golden eagle" version done with metalic ink.

I'd still prefer the tiara be separate, but the Super Friends version makes me think it will be molded in place. Still much better than the original cupie doll version in pajamas.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

I'll be curious to see a revamped and re-scaled Kid Flash. I always wanted him in the eight inch format so that will be one I watch for.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎