X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Questions About Hands

So I am considering picking up some of the FTC figures that have the molded gloves.

I am not really a fan of the "short sleeve" costuming, but someone else had suggested getting the more Mego-like mitten gloves and swapping out the molded gloves, not only to give the character a more vintage feel but also to hide the shorter sleeves.

So I have questions:

Aren't the molded gloves actually the figure's hands?
    If I decided to use the mitten gloves instead, will I need to get replacement hands also?
    And will they attached to the figure?
    Did Mego ever do molded gloves and short sleeves? I was thinking they did this with Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Girl, but maybe I am wrong.
    Do the short sleeves tuck inside of the molded gloves? Or will the figures always have bare elbows?

Would love some feedback! Thanks.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by mary canary
    so i am considering picking up some of the ftc figures that have the molded gloves.

I am not really a fan of the "short sleeve" costuming, but someone else had suggested getting the more mego-like mitten gloves and swapping out the molded gloves, not only to give the character a more vintage feel but also to hide the shorter sleeves.

So i have questions:

Aren't the molded gloves actually the figure's hands?
    Yes
    if i decided to use the mitten gloves instead, will i need to get replacement hands also?
    Yes
    and will they attached to the figure?
    Yes
    did mego ever do molded gloves and short sleeves? I was thinking they did this with mr. Fantastic and invisible girl, but maybe i am wrong.
    The ff gloves are hollow and slide over hands
    do the short sleeves tuck inside of the molded gloves? Or will the figures always have bare elbows?
    There's not enough fabric to go to the wrist in the ones i have seen with molded gloves

would love some feedback! Thanks.
    answers above

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

Thank you!

Another idea I had was to get green hands instead of gloves, but as you said, the short sleeves don't go all the way to the wrist.
      So that would look odd.

Did the original FF figures with gloves have shorter sleeves?
      I don't think it looks so bad on those figures.
      And I don't think it looks so bad on the Wonder Twins, who have the molded gloves/hands.
      I guess it's just the presentation of the figures when no one fixes the sleeves so they meet up or tuck into the gloves that I don't get...
      Like the packaged figures on their webstore just look all askew.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎