X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Robert Conrad has passed...RIP

James West will forever be his legacy...so sad to see another one of my childhood heroes gone.
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Man...great talent. Good life.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i didn't even know he had still been with us. RIP!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Marvelous actor, a '60s icon to rival Capt Kirk, and oh what I crush I had on him. RIP.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Knock it off. I dare you.

My first memories of him are from the Eveready commercials and how he seemed a bit of a jerk on Battle of the Network Stars.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

Wild Wild West was a terrific show. May he rest in peace.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

As much as I loved Wild Wild West, I loved him even more in Baa Baa Black Sheep. He just exuded a manliness only rivaled by Brick Mantooth. They don't make them like that anymore...

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I remember Wild Wild West when I was very young, and remember liking it. But I haven't seen it in over 40 years. Still holds up?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

IMO, yes. I rewatch it regularly. Like ST:TOS, it's an uneven show but generally quite enjoyable.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

i haven't watched WWW or Baa baa Black Sheep/Black Sheep Squadron, since I was a kid but I always liked them both back then. I was reading that in the final season of WWW he stopped readings the scripts, except for his own lines and he was just winging it

I forgot about the Battle of the Network Stars, he was a team captain I think? He was definitely competitive

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                      Banned
                      • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                      Knock it off. I dare you.

My first memories of him are from the Eveready commercials and how he seemed a bit of a jerk on Battle of the Network Stars.
                      I was just gonna post that I remember him more for being an ***** on Battle Of The Network Stars than anything else. The other thing I remember him from was the short lived TV series called Sloan.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Watching WWW on MeTV in recent years I noticed how many of his own stunts he did. There was no unfortunate cuts to an obvious, badly cast stuntman like both Star Trek and Batman often suffered from. That was probably studio dictated, just to get the shows done quicker, but I admire Conrad for really getting in there and doing all the stuff Jim West did.

My Dad is a big fan of the mini-series "Centennial" as well, so I remember him fondly from that too. RIP.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Conrad did many of his own stunts, until he fell and fractured his skull in season 3. After that, and coincidentally with public outcry over TV violence, the shows insurers curtailed his participation and some of the fight content.

There is an infamous scene, caught on camera in the final edit, where he's split his trousers in a fight. They were...snug.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                            I was just gonna post that I remember him more for being an ***** on Battle Of The Network Stars than anything else. The other thing I remember him from was the short lived TV series called Sloan.
                            lol A little too bad@$$ IIRC, with Gabe Kaplan. BOTNS was great, though
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Feb 9, '20, 9:21 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

All I know Wild Wild West had some of the best looking 60's babes on tv at the time, Conrad must have had his pick of the litter considering his good looks and physic. Great show and great actor, RIP Robert Conrad.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎