Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.I. Joe Sgt Slaughter with Triple T - Vintage GI Joe ARAH Toy Review!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

G.I. Joe Sgt Slaughter with Triple T - Vintage GI Joe ARAH Toy Review!

• Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

This was a great video, as always. I love how Tony's childhood mind worked. Honestly, my mind worked similarly in regards to super heroes. I rejected the sillier aspects of Remco's Batman utility belt (redneck name belt buckle, no thanks), and the Mego Elastic Super Heroes, who did not have stretching powers, so I did not want them (I didn't know about the Plastic Man figure back in the day).

I ordered Sgt. Slaughter through the initial mail-away offer. I will admit I didn't care for him taking over GI Joe and fighting off armies of B.A.T.s by himself. So I wasn't into the kind of silly looking Triple T either, and passed on it. I did buy the HAVOC and loved it, despite knowing GI Joe had really jumped the Sci-Fi shark with it.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Another great vid by Analog toys.

Sgt. Slaughter and Serpentor is when RAH jumped the shark for me. Unlike Analog toys I loved the Sci-fi craziness of RAH. The red and blue lasers, Cobra temples, giant snake robots, etc. A realistic military line would not have appealed to me. I just did not like the characters of Slaughter and Serpentor. I did not like Serpentor replacing Cobra Commander or popular characters in the JOE team being sidelined by new D listers. Going all Cthulhu horror with Cobra La was another misstep.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Cobra La broke me. I love the opening of GI Joe The Movie, it's a distillation of everything I loved about the franchise; the toys, the cartoon and the comics. But the rest , while well-produced, was so far off what I wanted from GI Joe, it killed the franchise for me in a lot of ways. 1987 was the last series I really bought, and it just helped push me out of buying toys to play with.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎