X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

If the mission is dangerous...GI Joe is on the way

Happy GI Joe Friday, this spread is from Christmas 1973. Probably the year I got my first Joe, I was never the same....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

By the time I was old enough,G.I. Joe was pretty much done. They were on to the Super Joe stuff.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

That "Recovery of the Lost Mummy" set is a whole lotta goodness for $13.99!

Comment

• rykerw1701
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 27, 2007

Everytime I look at a picture of that Mobile Support Unit I think "I've got to get one of those." And then I think "What the hell would I do with it if I had it?"

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

Man if I had the space, I would get so many GIJoe vehicles and playsets!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ZombieJimC
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 12, 2014

This brings back memories. I had the Recovery of the lost mummy set, the training center and the mobile support unit. Eventually I used all this stuff with my Megos. All I have left is the training tower, the mummy and the foot locker. Good times!!

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

I have been in a huge A-Team phase ever since Mego Meet. I even just recently snagged a talking Commander on eBay and could t be more excited. Still say that one might be the coolest figure ever made.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Confessional
                Maker & Whatnot
                • Aug 8, 2012

7' x 7 ft. vinyl environment base… That's wild fun! Wow!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                  I have been in a huge A-Team phase ever since Mego Meet. I even just recently snagged a talking Commander on eBay and could t be more excited. Still say that one might be the coolest figure ever made.
                  Did you get the francophone one? That is a sweet item.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                    Everytime I look at a picture of that Mobile Support Unit I think "I've got to get one of those." And then I think "What the hell would I do with it if I had it?"
                    My thoughts exactly. But everything pictured is pure gold, including the diver which I especially favor. I really like those two outfit sets, too. I have a repro of Jungle Survival and am thinking about recreating Emergency Rescue.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

I take it the Sears version of the Training Center didn't come with the giant snake?

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                        I take it the Sears version of the Training Center didn't come with the giant snake?
                        Correct, It also didn't come with the Zip Line set and despite what that catalog picture shows the tower did not have the brace for the zip-line as the top of the tower. I had the Sears set as a kid. It was a blast. Added bonus, the area on the playmat with the white diagonal lines is exactly the same size at the opened AT headquarters, which I also had. The search light in mine was molded in the same color as the tower, orangey-red, not black and white as pictured. There was also a version with a black base and orange light. We used to use the area in the ad where the light is located as the heli-pad for the AT copter. The "lean-to" pictured actually attached to the cave and made a sort of canopy over the entrance. With the HQ, copter and Tower, it made for a great play environment. Wish I still had it.

Comment

• ZombieJimC
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 12, 2014

I must not have had the Sears tower, cause I had the big snake. Yesterday I found the Lost Mummys ATV in a box in the garage.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                            Persistent Member
                            • Mar 23, 2013

These are really impressive toys. I think this is the best pre 1980's G.I. Joe toy advertisement that I came across. Two different six-wheel buggies!

That larger wheeled vehicle is really wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎