Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone made a custom of Earth 2 Robin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Has anyone made a custom of Earth 2 Robin?

I'm still sort of new here, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question but I was wondering if anyone has ever made a custom of Earth 2 Robin, either as he appeared in the 80s with the yellow leggings or how he appeared earlier on in the old JLA/JSA teamups where his suit was a variation of a Batman suit? I think he would be pretty easy to do and would look nice. If any do exist can you please post photos or direct me to where I can find the photos? Thanks.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • Riderfan
    Megos are cool
    • Feb 14, 2012

I did the Batman version

Hello fellow Mego people, Here's my take on the JSA: Atom, Batman, Dr Fate, Dr Midnite & Flash Hawkman, Hourman, Green Lantern, Mr Terrific & Red Tornado Robin, Sandman, Spectre, Starman & Wildcat I basically just put these guys together, other than painting most of the heads. Green

I think he now has a scalloped cape and different gloves, probably the newer CTVT bat gloves (the type that plug into the wrist pin)

Actually I've tweaked several of these guys since posting them. Maybe I'll post updated pics some day
    I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
      Career Member
      • Jul 23, 2019

Riderfan... those are awesome! Great work. I would love to be able to create a set of JSA customs as nice as those.

Comment

• Riderfan
        Megos are cool
        • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
        Riderfan... those are awesome! Great work. I would love to be able to create a set of JSA customs as nice as those.
        Thank you, much appreciated.

I dug these guys out & yeah Robin does have a scalloped cape & bat glove gloves/hands, as well as the matching 'ankle peg' boots. I guess I transferred him over to this body

A bit off topic, but the other tweaks I've made since posting these-

Batman has the same bat gloves that Robin now has
        Dr Fate has yellow Mr Fantastic style gloves (like Batman & Dr Midnite in the photo)
        Wildcat has CTVT black MMA hands
        Hawkman has a 'screaming beak mask' head. Think I got it off the Ebay guy who was banned here, and has since passed away. Funny, I forgot all about painting that head.
        Mr Terrific & Hourman have printed suits from Austin. Huge improvements, especially Mr Terrific, whom I was never happy with.

Again, thanks for the kind words

K

Comment

• powersthatbe
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 27, 2010

I did versions of the batman type and the older robin type from parts from CTVT and Doc Mego, they aren't exact to the comic look but I was pleased with the results.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

It's great to see these again, I enjoy figure "recipes."
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              It's great to see these again, I enjoy figure "recipes."
              I assume you're referring to my stuff, and if so, thank you & much appreciated sir.

Being I had these guys out thought I take a pic of the ones have changed the most since '14

As always, thanks to everyone for looking

K

Comment

• bleit1701
                Career Member
                • Jan 1, 2009

I've done one.
                Better late than never.....

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I have one. I'll get pics later
                  Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 23, 2019

Thanks everyone. I've actually ordered up some items (a mixture of pieces from Dr. Mego and CTVT) to create my own Earth 2 Robin. Once I have everything and he is completely assembled I will post pics as well.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎