X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Pod Stallions Episode 25: The Empire Struck

It's been nearly two years since we discussed all things Star Wars and what better time than when we all got teased with the further adventures of Luke Skywalker and crew.

Episode 25 takes us back to that fateful summer when the most highly anticipated film of our lives (at the time, it's been replaced by "Glitter" now) landed. It's a tumultuous time when we first discovered the word "Spoiler" (thank you Marvel comics!) and the heart break of us watching the bad guys win.

Of course along the way we discuss kenner action figures, competitive collecting, modern fandom, battle beyond the stars, Jason's fondness for the Ewoks and give absolutely no opinion on the current trailer.

Download the Show Here

Listen here

Show Links:

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Again...Friday is SAVED!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• FETT1
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 4, 2012

Brian..and Jason...these podcasts have become my favourite over the last few months...and I listen to many !!

Big Thank you and Big Thank you for including the Canuck connection from time to time !

Keeppppppppp em coming ...

PeaCe ..

Jas
      Edmonton
      if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Can't wait to listen. Love these.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Nice episode gents. I loved hearing how Jason was just crestfallen with Empire initially. I can imagine it would have felt that way. I think that's kind of how my son felt with The Dark Knight. Pretty downer ending in that one, too.

Brian's tale of his competitive collecting touched a nerve too. I had a "friend" who was like that with GI Joe: RAH. He loved to beat me to new stuff and rub it in my face if he did. If we had two of the same toy, we'd always play with mine, and it get worn out and/or broken, while he kept his minty.

I appreciate you guys putting this up on my birthday. I'd like to delude myself into thinking that was on purpose.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Another good podcast guys. I have a spot in my heart for Star Wars but I don't feel the need to collect the toys anymore. I still blame Star wars for the fall of mego and B-movie sci-fi. At the very least they were a nail in the coffin of both.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Ive always wondered what's the opening and closing theme from?

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎