X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rjm118
    Museum Super Collector
    • Apr 25, 2012

Variants

Anyone know how the variants are selling, seems like they are all still available....
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

^^ not sure how their selling,although it does look as if the EE softball Joker is sold out,its no longer at sell there ,unless some other online
    store carried them from EE.seems its been gone from their site for almost a month now.

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 11, 2014

there all doing well. Get ready for more next year.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

In many figure lines variants do QUITE well...even up to the moment right before they aid in killing the line. Hopefully that will never be the scenario for variants here. But that IS a toy industry truism none-the-less.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• argent007
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 7, 2005

I was thinking that I was happy that Figures is putting out variants. I haven't had any interest in any thus far. But, if they are selling well that keeps money coming in and should help things moving so the FTC can put out new figures.
          My Updated Want List:
          Comic book original art
          1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
          Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

I think for the completists, two things can kill their interest in a line concerning variants. If some of the variants are so rare they are almost impossible to get, thus killing the need to complete the collection or if the quantity of variants is just outrageous. I dropped out of collecting two lines for those very reasons.

With this line, the completist in me has already been killed off with some of the quality issues. So, at least for me since I will be picking and choosing the variants can be fun if they are interesting in some way. So far, I've not been to interested in them yet, although I kind of look at the 2-packs as packaging variants. So I have bought a couple fo those.
            My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ubermanx
              Career Member
              • Jul 3, 2013

Originally posted by tllgn
              ^^ not sure how their selling,although it does look as if the EE softball Joker is sold out,its no longer at sell there ,unless some other online
              store carried them from EE.seems its been gone from their site for almost a month now.
              600 EE Softball Jokers were released in September and another 600 are coming in December. I am hoping to have my case in Canada in time for the Hamilton Toy Show on Dec 28th. Just in case some of you Golden Horseshoers may be looking for him.

Then again, I WAS supposed to get that case in September so we will see how it goes ...

- Marty

Comment

• nobody
                banjo!
                • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by jayraytee
                I think for the completists, two things can kill their interest in a line concerning variants. If some of the variants are so rare they are almost impossible to get, thus killing the need to complete the collection or if the quantity of variants is just outrageous. I dropped out of collecting two lines for those very reasons.

With this line, the completist in me has already been killed off with some of the quality issues. So, at least for me since I will be picking and choosing the variants can be fun if they are interesting in some way. So far, I've not been to interested in them yet, although I kind of look at the 2-packs as packaging variants. So I have bought a couple fo those.
                1701 killed STNG for me.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                  Permanent Member
                  • Mar 7, 2011

I was going to buy all the Variants but I may not need to, Its one thing to get a Variant in a Different outfit or head sculpt, its another to just throw a rope around the same figure and call it a Variant. Needless to say I passed on the Batman and Robin Tied to a Table, The same goes for a figure with Different card art, I bought the Wonder woman with the Different card backers and realized its the same crappy WW with a different card so I passed on the Early Edition Superman with the Different card art.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I passed on all of them, no interest in multiple Jokers or Batmen at all. I'd rather see the variant energy put into henchmen or molls for the 66 villains.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boxheadman
                      • Jul 24, 2014

We are very pleased with how well our Opera Joker has sold. We hope you are equally excited for our 2015 exclusive. Can't wait to tell you about it as soon as I get the OK from Figures Toy.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 27, 2007

The Opera Joker is the best variant so far. I think it's well worth adding to the collection, even if you're not a completist. Some of the others, not so much. I say bring on the Riddler in suit and bowler!

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 16, 2014

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!, make Riddler in suit a regular figure, new head sculpt.
                          sigpic

Comment

• rjm118
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Apr 25, 2012

I agree that the Opera Joker is the best so far, at least IMO.

I bought the rest but and I am going to have to keep the completest in me in check because I just don't like the same figure just in different outfits. The Batman and Robin tied to the tables really did me in as far as wanting more. I agree with other posters, variants should start being limited original figures or characters Mego would have done had they continued.

Comment

• Boxheadman
                              • Jul 24, 2014

Any exclusive is probably going to be a variation of an already produced mold. It's just cost prohibitive to create new molds and tooling for a figure with a production run of 600-1,000. Exclusives would cost about $75 each if you went with an altogether new character. New clothing or accessories are far cheaper to produce. Just putting that out there.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎