Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Comic Con...One Artist just sealed my fate.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

New York Comic Con...One Artist just sealed my fate.

Well, I am definitely going to this show this year. I went last year and it was OK...overcrowded, disorganised, and basically no decent deals to be found. They tried to hard to make it an "Experience" than a comic book show. With that being said, I have to attend this years show. Second name on the list of Living Legends guests:

New York Comic Con - April 18-20, 2008

I've never met Nick Cardy and he hasn't done any shows here in NY. The man DEFINES the Teen Titans in my opinion. I could care less about meeting Stan Lee...he's just a figure head anyway. NicK Cardy is one of those unsung artists that needs to get his due in comics. Might have to start saving up for a commision. Anyone else going???
  • Overkill
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 19, 2007

Nick Cardy....artist of the original Teen Titans.....in NY. I'm SO there!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

That's quite the guest list. Mignola, Morrison, Stan the Man whew!!!
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Cardy is one of my all-time favorites. And unlike many of his peers, the man can still draw just as well today as he did back in the Silver Age! I think Cardy drew the prettiest women in comics. Even prettier than Jazzy John Romita. And he actually made the Titans look like...Teens! One of the best ever to grace the comic page. I'd like to meet him myself one day.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

Besides his work on Teen TItans I really liked a lot of Cardy's art on Superman covers in the 70s.
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
            Banned
            • Jun 23, 2001

Here's a list of other artists and creators that will be at the show:

New York Comic Con - April 18-20, 2008

Comment

• johnmiic
              Adrift
              • Sep 6, 2002

Cool for you Roberto. It will be years before I attend this show tho. There's just too many horror stories of how mis-managed the NY show is and too many hassles getting in and getting from room to room. I won't go near it till they fix all the problems.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Just bought my ticket yesterday...Going to go on Saturday. Anyone else going??

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎