X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Three Stooges Figures???

I noticed that March 2015 the Three Stooges figures will be available, I have been
    a Stooges fan since childhood, I wasn't suppose to watch them back then because
    of the violence, but watched anyways behind their backs, I have every single film short
    they made along with the 6 movies and the very rare 2 movies one with Curly and one
    with Shemp, plus many other rare films they did. When I'm having a bad day, I watch
    some Stooge shorts and it does cheer me up.

I will be pre ordering the Stooge sets very soon, just wondering if there are any other MM
    Stooge fans out there going to order them as well?
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

I think I'll pass on the stooges myself.
    I enjoyed the shows a lot but was always more into Abbott and Costello, I would rather see them made.
    These figures just don't seem to have any draw for me I'm glad others can get them though.
    Hope they live up to your excitement, it always great when figures we always wanted finally see the light.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• TrekStar
      Trek or Treat
      • Jan 20, 2011

I loved Abbott and Costello too, and also have all there movies, my favorite is of course
      A & B meet Frankenstein, also enjoyed meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and it would be very
      cool if someone came out with A & B figures I would definitely buy those as well.

Comment

• jayraytee
        Career Member
        • May 27, 2011

Abbott and Costello or Marx Brothers for me. Stooges never did anything for me, I prefer clever comedy.
        My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

I actually like them. But I'd just get one set in the suits.
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

If they sell them loose,then yes. As I stated when they were first announced,I want to use them as goons for The Joker.

Comment

• scott metzger
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by tjacwave50
              I loved Abbott and Costello too, and also have all there movies, my favorite is of course
              A & B meet Frankenstein, also enjoyed meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and it would be very
              cool if someone came out with A & B figures I would definitely buy those as well.
              Give me an 8" Bud and Lou, Wolfman and Glen Strange Frankenstein monster to go with my Bela Dracula, and I would faint on the spot. Heck, just give me Bud and Lou and I'll fudge with the Diamond Universal wolfy and Franky. Meet Frankenstein is one of my favorite films of all time.

I love the humor of Bud and Lou, and the fact that it always gives the audience credit for getting the joke (I call that intelligent humor!). But I also enjoy the over the top slapstick of the Stooges, and find some genuine cleverness in their antics. I'm not getting all of the figures, but I've got one each of the suited versions pre-ordered. Certain variants I wouldn't be able to pass on, like the three as plumbers (a classic look most folks who've seen the Stooges would likely recognize). Moe as a dictator would be priceless, but I doubt that would happen, as he'd look way too much like Shicklgruber, creating some very unwanted controversy...
              Last edited by scott metzger; Dec 3, '14, 3:54 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Here's to hoping for an accessory pack with mallets, saws, paint brushes, boards with nails in them and other implements of mayhem.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  Here's to hoping for an accessory pack with mallets, saws, paint brushes, boards with nails in them and other implements of mayhem.
                  Best idea yet! Big pliers, buckets, pies, Larry's violin... list could go on and on!
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

bowl of clam chowder for Curly to fight with.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• scott metzger
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      THat is something I would definitely go for. There may even be some old wrestling pieces they could recycle, like the break apart table Bats and Robin are tied to in the '66 line. Anything that can be broken would fit in with the Stooges.

Comment

• Mego Marauder
                        • Dec 9, 2014

Always loved the stooges but I think I read these are only available in sets and Shemp is a exclusive figure and costs more.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

yep, sets of episode themed 3s, one with Shemp and and a single Shemp at the usual 24.99

Comment

• mickeymoosemego
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 11, 2014

I've has these in my hand and they are a knock out!

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

Ill be ordering them in suits,..as well as Shemp in suit too! Always loved watching the Stooges!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎